truth be told

I heard exactly what he had said.

But I wasn't going to confront him about it because... well I did not want to. At all.

I just couldn't bring myself to ask what he meant by it. Maybe he decided to tolerate me or even want to befriend me. But I couldn't possibly imagine he meant more than that. I mean he's a heartless, psychotic, delusional axe murderer. How could someone like that like me.

These thoughts buzzed in my mind like a rogue hornets' nest.

I looked away from Toby, setting my focus to the floor, "Whatever you say...". I let out a sigh and rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand. I feel sore and exhausted in every way possible. My eye twitched from the lack of sleep and stress of my situation. But when I took a glance at Toby he seemed to be just fine with this. Like it was some everyday thing.

He acted calm in this situation for the most part. I'm sure he's dealt with things like this before, or maybe he's just so used to it. He looked almost broken, so desensitized to everything that he takes this as just normal. To think he said he's been though what I have....

I hope I don't end up like him.

Toby popped his neck and sat kept an unblinking stare at the ground. The awkward silence was enough to drive someone insane. "What s-should.. we do...?" Toby asked, breaking the silence.
"What is there to do...?" I answered, resting my elbows on my knees.

"Good p-point.." Toby muttered a chuckle before twitching. "Day break should be c-coming soon..." He said looking at me, looking just as blank as usual. "Oh good.." I pressed my finger agaisnt my temple, "Are we getting out of this damned forest then?"

"I s-suppose so.." Toby said, getting up to his feet, "B-but I don't know w-where we'll st-stay..". Toby started to make sure he had all his things and so did I. "That is true..." I bit the inside of my cheek, trying to get myself to think of some sort of plan. I put my backpack on and Toby looked over at me before quickly looking away. I didn't think anything of it.

Toby's pov:

This is bad.

I can't even look at her without getting flustered like a complete idiot. I pulled up my mouth guard to make sure it was covering all it could. This is stupid, how is it that I can flirt easily then get flustered by one look. It's not very fair..

"C'mon.." I opened the door to the room and waited for y/n to walk out. She walked and I followed behind her. Though I started to feel a little anxious, more than usual. I needed to get something out of my system. I couldn't tell y/n because she would look at me with disgust like everyone else does.

"I need.. I need to do s-something..." I said to her, but I instantly regretted talking. She looked back at me, "Do what?" She asked, looking a little curious. I debated on what I was going to say because I didn't want to know what she would think.

"W-well I just have t-things.. that I need to do..." I scratched the back of my neck. I should have kept my mouth shut. "That still doesn't explain what you need to do..." she narrowed her eyes. Y/n took a hesitant step backwards, making her just out of reach from me.

I looked away, adjusting my goggles over my eyes. Keeping my eyes on the wall I put my hand on one of my hatchets' handles. I didn't know what she would think, but I hoped she didn't take my gesture the wrong way.

She looked from the hatchet to my face, "Toby?" She questioned with obvious confusion. I sighed, "I n-need to go.." I said quietly, "But y-you need to s-stay... here... and I-I'll be back.. a-after a l-little...".