living nightmares

When I got back to the classroom I quickly shut the door, the night was going to get a lot worse. Y/n went over to her bag without paying any mind to me. I sat on one of the tables in the room and looked out the window. It was almost dark out.

Tonight could go one of two ways, we both make it to daylight with no issue. Or we make a bad encounter with it. Which I'm sure It has a lot of things to do, but it's a possibility. I have never tried to stay with anyone, let alone a girl. I hoped it wouldn't end badly for either of us.

I had no concept of time except for the sun. But it didn't matter because it's not like I ever slept good to begin with. I looked over at y/n who was messing with the things in her backpack. "So.. when are you p-planning on sleeping?" I asked nonchalantly. She looked at me and raised an eyebrow, "Why do you want to know?". I tilted my head to the side, "I was j-just wondering..." I said.

"Well I don't know... I guess when I feel tired... even though I don't think I could sleep here..." she said gesturing around the room. "Why? Is it too.. s-spooky?" I asked with small smirk, "If you're scared I c-could walk you home...".

"I'll be fine..." Y/n said with a deep breath. She looked out the boarded up window, looking for the light that peeks out. "You know.. soon.. the sun will go down.." I said quietly, as if it were a threat. I wanted to know just how far she could be pushed until she broke. I just wondered if It would get in her head before could.

"That is how the sun works..." she said sarcastically, crossing her arms. "Well.. y-yes.." I said rolling my eyes, "But.. I-I don't think you've ever been in an abandoned school, in the m-middle of the woods, a-alone, and at night..". She scoffed slightly, "I'm not alone... you're right here.." she said with a hint of confusion in her voice.

"Am I?" I said leaning back and slowly taking off my mask. Y/n looked at me seeming unsettled, I looked right back in all seriousness. "I'm joking... kind of..." I said quietly breaking eye contact, "If I were to just.. d-disappear for a little... you should stay here".

"Why would I stay here alone? That sounds like a terrible idea.." Y/n said sitting on a table across from me. "You being here alone for a f-few hours is better t-than you going missing without a t-trace..." I said calmly leaning my elbows on my knees. "I gave you that knife for a reason..." I spoke looking at her pocket with the knife in it.

She furrowed her eyebrows and I could feel her eyes looking at me scar. Though it was basically dark out, I knew she could see me fine. But her gaze made me feel.. uncomfortable. My body tensed with a twitch and I clenched my teeth.

Y/n looked away and she laid on the table. "You can sleep.. I-I can keep watch.." I said apatheticly. "Why aren't you going to sleep...?" She said using her bag as a pillow. "It's just d-difficult for me.." I said looking away from her. Y/n yawned and turned to her side, facing away from me, "Whatever...." she said quietly.

Y/n's pov:

I needed some sleep. I felt exhausted like never before. And the wooden table I was trying to sleep on didn't exactly help either. I tossed and turned trying to find a comfortable position to lay in. Squeezing my eyes shut I end up laying on my back. I was starting to feel sick like I could throw up at any moment.

I took a shaky breath and opened my eyes. My heart skipped a beat and I looked around. Why was I in the hallway? This didn't make any sense, just a second ago I was laying on the table. Now I was laying on the floor in the dark hallway....

I sat up in slight panic and my eyes darted around the halls. Not even a sound was made. I quickly got to my feet and started to walk to the area I thought was the Art room. Each one of my steps echoed behind me, I stopped for a moment to look behind me. No one followed.