𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬

I frozen before whipping my head around to catch a glimpse of what I had saw. But there was nothing. My eyes were wide and I wrapped my arms around y/n, almost a suffocating amount.

I slowly scanned the area I had saw It and a sense of dread washed over me. Slenderman was a constant reminder of who I was and what I'm supposed to do. I'm supposed to get Y/n to be a proxy. Just like me.

"H-Hey Y/n..." I said softly, pressing my body securely against hers. She didn't seem to mind, though she might have been a bit confused as to why I was clinging to desperately. "What?" Y/n said softly.

I looked at her sweet expression and shook my head. "Maybe we sh-should pack some stuff up a-and keep moving..." I said quietly, trying to avoid this situation at all costs. I nuzzled my nose into her hair and held her tightly. As if something was going to try and take me away from me.

"But we just got here..." Y/n said, looking up at me with a tinge of worry in her expression. I gulped, "Y-you're right.." I said quietly. "I-I'm just being paranoid..." I added, forcefully trying to relax my body.

"Yeah... It's alright.." Y/n said, putting a reassuring hand on my chest before getting up and walking towards the table. I didn't get up to follow her, I just sat in thought. It was a never-ending rabbit hole of paranoid and suffering. I started to zone out as I was consumed by my own thoughts.

What if Slender man comes back? What if she gets hurt? What if she doesn't want to be a proxy then...

Then.. I don't know what will happen.

I was broken from my daze by the sound of nothing. It was quiet, far too quiet to be normal. I stood and went over to y/n who had just put away all of the camping supplies. "Do you h-hear that?" I whispered, leaning close to her before glancing around again.

Y/n paused for a moment and tried to concentrate on any noise. "No?" Y/n said quietly. "Exactly..." I mumbled, shaking with anxiety. "I think you need to calm down for a bit... Take a walk and breathe..." She said, taking one of the bags and carrying it to the tent.

"N-no, no, no... I can't leave you h-here alone..." I said, glancing around. Y/n put the bags inside the tent. "Yes, you can, I'll stay here.. I'm not going anywhere" y/n said, sitting back into the tent and crossing her legs. I looked back to the table and dead washed over my body.

The table was covered in notebook pages. Some of them said, 'Don't look or it takes you' or 'Beware'. The pages had scribbles of Slenderman and trees and some of the pages even had drawings that looked uncanny to y/n. Except the drawings of y/n were riddled with splatters of blood.

A chill ran down my spine and I swept up the papers in my arms, crumpiling them into a tight ball. I grabbed my clothes that were still damp and changed, shoving the papers into the pockets.

"A-actully y-y/n I'm g-gonna t-take that walk.." I said quickly, grabbing my hatchets and goggles. "Really? Okay.. Just come back soon..." She said calmly, "I'll stay in the tent so you'll know exactly where I am" she smiled, zipping the tent half way.

"Do y-you still have th-that knife?" I asked, putting on my goggles and mouth guard. "Yup, it's in my pocket" y/n said. "Good..." I muttered before turning and starting to walk. I paused and shuffled back over to y/n, planting a kiss on her forehead. "Ill be right back.. I promise"

Y/n chuckled and zipped up the tent. I waited a few seconds before dashing into the woods. I needed to get rid of the papers as quick as possible and be back before anything happens. That shouldn't be too hard... Right?

Y/n's POV:

I was surprised by how quickly Toby changed his mind. He went from extremely clingly to bolting away at the speed of light. At first I didn't think anything of it, but soon I couldn't hear his footsteps anymore and it was silent.

I sat back in the tent, trying to think of reasons for his mood swing. My thoughts were interrupted by the loud buzz of static. It lasted for less than a second. But it made me flinch in response. I looked over to see the radio wasn't turned on. What the hell was that...

Maybe it was just a glitch. I thought while rubbing my ears. Even then, that little scare made my heart pound out of my chest. I grabbed the radio and stuffed it into a bag. My hand was was shaking and my heart rate was through the roof. I pushed any thoughts that might have been over thinking the situation.

Hugging my knees to my chest, I sat so my back was against the thin wall of the tent. It started to get so quiet that my ears started to ring. Another bloody screech came from the radio, but this time it was louder. Or at least.. That's what it sounded like. The static had stopped before it even started. It set a feeling of panic in my body and I trembled a bit. It was like the calmness before a big storm.

I suddenly wish that toby would be back soon.

Toby's POV:

I ran as fast as my feet could carry me. Adrenaline pumped in my veins and my breath was ragged. I prayed in my mind that nothing would happen to y/n.

I came to an abrupt stop in a clearing and got the wads of paper out if my pockets. Shoving them in a pile, I took out my lighter and tried to light the papers in fire. The papers burnt slightly but wouldn't catch on fire. "Damnit"

My chest was rising and falling quickly to the point that I was hyperventilating. The more I tried to burn the papers, the more it wouldn't work. I crumpled the papers more and tried to bring them, but it did nothing. "What the hell is wrong with this paper.." I thought to myself.

I felt a chill run down my spine and I stopped. Dread made my face pale as I realize a shadow was casted over me and the papers. A very tall shadow. I slowly turned my head with wide, terror filled eyes. It was standing right behind me.

The air was thick with tension and my grip loosened on the lighter, making it drop to the floor. I trembled to a standing position and faced Slenderman.

I usually didn't try to show anything fear when I confronted It. But this time, I felt like a small child who just got caught doing something they weren't supposed to do. Slenderman stood tall and still, peering down at me in a condescending manner.

A booming voice rung in my mind. "You failed" the voice stated. My eyes widened further and I shook my head rapidly. "No! I didn't, I swear! I just need more time-" I tried to say before I was cut of by more thunderous words. "You failed your mission"

My mouth was agape as I tried to speak, but nothing came out. No. I didn't fail. But I just wasn't quick enough. "Please... one more chance..." I begged, feeling my shoulders drop and a sting behind my eyes. I failed...

"You've had enough chances..." The voice said coldly. But the voice.. Was right. I was given too many warnings. But I was too late.

I was looking up at Slenderman with pleading eyes. "Please don't hurt her.." I whispered. My eyes blurred with tears as my mind cycled through the brutal ways that it could hurt her.

"She is not the one who will be hurt" The voice echoed. At first I felt relief, my my blood ran cold at the realization of Its words. Before I could make even a noise I felt a pressure at my stomach. To my horror I looked down to see one of Slenderman's tendrils impaled through my stomach.

I let out a quiet gasp as the appendage was removed from the wound. It left a bloody, gaping hole in my lower torso. My clothes immediately soaked in dark red blood. When I looked back up with dreadful eyes...

Slenderman was already gone...