anxious sleeper

"You're joking right?" I said with a scoff, "It's childish to think that..". This had to some sort of sick joke of his. He was trying to just scare me into believing a myth. I'm sure of it.

Toby shook his head with a chuckle, "Do you t-take me for some like of f-fool..?" He asked narrowing his eyes at me. I shrugged in response, knowing damn well he belongs in a straight jacket.

Toby gave me a cold glare but it quickly melted into a unfeeling look. "Who do you think killed your little f-friend y/n?" He asked tilting his head. With that my face became drained of it's color and a chill scurried down my spine. "What...? What do you mean?!" I said, taking an uneasy step away from him.

"Slenderman killed your friend" Toby said slowly, as if explaining to a child. I looked him in the eyes and started to feel dizzy. Toby's face softened and he put on a face of sympathy, "But it'll be f-fine..".

I looked at him wide eyed with a mix of concern and confusion, "Fine!? How is any of this fine?!" I yelled, on the verge of a mental breakdown. Toby pursed his lips, "Um.. uh... well.." he trailed off. Toby glanced around, not knowing what to do in this situation. "It could be worse...?" Toby said with a half smile.

I stared at him and chuckled for a second, this man in insane. "How do you know that It killed my friend, eh?" I asked, crossing my arms. Toby looked to the ground and back up to me before clearing his throat. "If I tell you, and you run, I will get you" Toby said, resting a hand on one of his hatchets.

I furrowed my brows and crossed my arms tightly. I had a sickly feeling in my stomach and it got worse by the second. Toby took a step forward and sighed, "Well, long story s-short.... I'm a proxy.." he said sheepishly. He looked a bit embarrassed to be telling me but he always acted a little awkward to begin with.

"A proxy? Like.. for Slenderman..?" I said, waiting for him to say it was a joke. Toby nodded and looked to the floor, "Yeah.." he said quietly. I felt my heart drop and my mind had gone blank. Not only was he a crazy mass murderer, but he worked for a mad man.

"What other big pieces of information have you kept from me, huh?" I asked, still trying to wrap my head around what he had said. Toby looked at me with a unsure expression, he mumbled something under his breath. I raised an eyebrow at him waiting for him to say something.

"Um.. I've been.. watching you.. like.. for a few days.." he choked out quietly. I stepped back with utter shock, then it clicked.

"You're the reason I'm in this mess!?"

Toby's pov:

I had slightly flinched at her words, half expecting her to just run away. A felt a little embarrassed that I had just revealed so much about me in the matter of a few seconds, but there was no taking it back now.

"N-no..." I said meekly, I didn't want to make her upset with me. I wanted her to be just as obsessed with me as I was with her. And if that meant having to humiliate myself then so be it. "Its not my fault It's stalking you.." I muttered, putting my hands in my jacket pockets.

"Yes it is! You were stalking me! Then that thing started to stalk me too!" Y/n said, pointing at me. She was started to stomp out of the gymnasium, headed to the exit door. I quickly followed after her.

But the truth had hit me like a rock, it was my fault..? Of course it was my fault... perhaps that's why I haven't got a new mission from Slenderman yet... which would mean me already knows about this. He had known before it even happened.

"Y/n? W-wait!" I said grabbing her wrist. She turned her head around to me and gave me a glare, "Let go! I'm done! I'm going home!" She declared.

"I-i can't let you! You'll get killed! He's already out t-to get you!" I blurted out, holding her wrist tighter. "I-I-I can protect you! You can stay with m-me! And it won't do you any harm!" I said desperately. She couldn't leave yet, I wouldn't let her, even if I had to use force.