Chapter 5: Shocking news

Brian's pov
Today is the last day of Jasper and Candy's visit. I really enjoyed their stay.

I was heading downstairs to help them pack when I received the most heart breaking news.
Georgia, Candy's mom had died from a heartattack. I was shocked beyond words.

A myriad of questions raced in my mind wondering how I was going to break the news to her.
I needed some time to meditate to atleast absorb the news.
After taking some deep breaths for some minutes, I decided it was now or never.

I called Candice privately to my room and closed the door behind.
She looked quite startled by that.

You can do this.You can do it. I kept reassuring myself.

"There is no easy way to say this but your mother has died from heartattack," I told her maintaining eye contact as much as possible.

Candy's pov
"Your mum has died from heart attack," These words kept ringing in my mind.

I felt dizzy, nauseous and my legs could not hold my body.

Brian's pov
After telling Candice the news she looks so dizzy then faints.
My heart is pounding so heavily in my chest. I reach for her with shaking hands before she falls down.
Seeing her breakdown like that is so depressing.

I call Whitney who helps me lay her in bed as she informs the other two kids what had happened.

After an hour I see Candice trying to get up. She opens her eyes and starts sobbing uncontrollably.

Candy's pov
I wake up and the news of mom's death just hit me so badly. I start breaking down knowing I'll never see her again.

"It's gonna be okay sweetheart, we are all here for you,"Mr.Brian reassures me as he wraps his hand around me.

I can't even describe my feelings right now. I can feel every inch of my body aching. What did I do to deserve all this? This is only a bit of the many questions racing in my mind right now.
My mom,my only family, dead!! This can't be real.

I sob uncontrollably for what seems like eternity until I fall asleep.

Brian's pov
Seeing Candice like this really tears me apart. I wish I would do something to change the situation but I can't.

After Jasper leaves the next day, we are left with Candice.She still hasn't altered a word since then but we try all the best to support her.

After about three days, we fly to Tasmania for her mother's funeral. Candice was actually really stronger than I expected her. She was slowly accepting everything and moving on.

After the funeral we decide to take Candice with us as she doesn't have any close family in Australia.

After a few weeks.
Brian's pov
We decided to put Candice in some counseling session to help her get over the loss.
She was doing so good now and was slowly going back to her normal life.
I had decided to take legal custody over Candice since she didn't have any family close by.

We had developed some bond and I felt that she needed a parental figure in her life.

So I officially adopted her and now she is my daughter.

************************************
Am so  sorry guys for making things happen so fast.