Chapter 6 : Skipping school part 1

Candice POV
Who could have thought that only 11 weeks of summer break could make a complete change in someone's life.

Here I am now in Maryland, having a fresh start in my life with my new family. Mr.Brian and his family are the best. It was like I was destined to meet them. They have been so good in helping me recover the loss and fitting in. Our bond has developed so much and I can call them my family now.

Today we are going to the the warehouse stores to purchase some stationery. Forgot to tell you that I have been enrolled in Blue field High School where Isabella studies.

"Oh my God come check out how cool this notebooks are,"Isabella yells as she drags me with her.

"Yeah they're awesome, "I say putting some cool pink ones in the trolley.

After tiresome hours of shopping for the school items and my clothes, we head to the community pool for our last summer treat.

"Have fun guys, we'll be here when you need us,"Whitney told us as they went to have some couple's time.

Me and Isabella decided to lay on the chaise lounges and just enjoy the cool weather.

"Damn! This place has some really hot boys," I said drooling over this boy who was shirtless.

"Wait until you meet Brett the cutest boy in the school,"she said scrolling through her phone.

"Speaking of school, Dad told me that your  school still uses corporal punishment?" I asked her quite nervous.

"Yeah its so common over here. You only have to be careful with authority,"she replied.
She makes it sound really easy to stay out of trouble. Personally I have this magnet that always attracts me to trouble.
I don't know how I'll make it but I'll try and behave.

The rest of the day is spent hanging out with Isabella's friends who are actually so cool.

After having a family dinner,me and Isabella head to our room to prepare for school.
Am quite nervous because its been long since I was in school.

"Don't stay up so late girl,"Whitney says as she bids us goodnight. She is so sweet.

The next day
"Wake up Candice it's 6:30, you don't wanna be late for school,"Isabella yells at me.
I pull my arm back under the covers to protect it from the icy chill of my room.
I feel too sleepy and who even wakes up this early for some stupid bullshit like school.

"Candice, I need you out of bed right now," I hear a man's voice

Shit he sounds really pissed. I check my watch and it's 7:15, Fuck how the hell did I sleep that much.

"Am giving you five minutes to get ready and be in the car or else it will be my belt doing the talking,"He says really angry,

I would be a fool to test him further.
I try all my best to hurry up but end up fifteen minutes late.
The drive to school is quiet and Mr.Brian is sending me death glare every time I look at him.
Hey it's not my fault that i am slow.

"Have a nice day girls and behave,"Mr.Brian says as he drives away.

I was already dying of boredom before even the first lesson was halfway.
I clearly don't know how I'll manage to sit and listen to this boring lectures the next seven hours.
SCHOOL IS ABSOLUTELY NOT MY THING.

After what seems like eternity, the first lesson finally ends. I can't handle anymore lessons so I decide to find a private spot where I can relax until school is over.

After few minutes of searching, I discover this place that's so serene.
I decide to listen to some pop music as I meditate.

I am so taken aback by the music that I don't see this girl waving at me.

"Hey am Olivia, ur new here right," She asks as she sits beside the bench with me.

"Yeah, I just got enrolled here.Am Candice by the way,"I replied.

"So ur skipping classes the first day in your new school. You know that is against the rules of this school Young Lady?,"she said sarcastically

"Am sorry for that Madam Principal,I won't repeat it again," I said playing along as we busted into laughter

She suggested we sneak out and grab some food at the Starbucks. I was totally down for anything that would make me be out of this goddamn boring place.
See I just found my partner in crime.

The food there was amazing and we got to know each other. She was a troublemaker like me which made me love her so much.

I didn't even realize how fast time had flew. It was 3:25 and school was about to end.

We ran as fast as possible and snuck back in to school to grab our things.

"Hey Candice where have you been the whole day, I didn't even see you at lunch," Isabella asked as we walked home.

"Just skipped classes and went to Starbucks to have some hot lunch,"I said it so casually.

"You what?"she asked looking really surprised, I don't know why. I can't even count the how many times I skipped classes in my last school. It's not even a big deal as long as you pass your exams.

"You'll be totally busted if Dad finds out,"she says as we continue walking

"He wouldn't find out unless you tell him. YOU WON'T TELL HIM RIGHT," I ask her when that thought crosses my mind.

"Obviously, I won't but you have to be careful,"she assures me making me feel a bit relieved.
It's not that I fear Mr.Brian or anything, I just don't want to be on his wrong side.

Back home we went to our rooms to do homework. Pardon me, Isabella went to do her homework while I finished watching the last episode of Stranger Things in Netflix.

After dinner, Mr.Brian called me to his private room for a 'talk'.