chapter four: st. patrick's day

March 17th,

Actually, Nova wanted to sleep in today. She didn't had to go to med school today and her parents didn't need help around the shop either. But still, her phone rang at 6am.

She looked around and grabbed her phone. But she didn't recognize the number, so she just ignored the call and lay back down. Probably someone just typed in a wrong number. But a minute later it rang again. With a groan she sat up and accepted the call.

"Hello?" she asked tiredly and rubbed her eyes.

"Is this Nova?" a male voice asked. The voice sounded familiar, but she couldn't really tell who it was.

"Ah yeah? Who's there?" she asked confused.

"It's me, Benny. You remember me? From New Year's Eve?"

"Oh, yes of course, hi Benny. Nice to talk to you, but why the he'll are you calling me at 6am?" she asked with a chuckle.

"Well, I got you number from Javi's phone" he explained.

"Uhm okay, why?"

"Because he was too scared to text to you"

"Too scared?"

"Yeah, he told us that you guys have this holiday thing going on. He said he doesn't know if you still wanna meet him since it's been a month. So he didn't text you. And that's why I took his phone and got your number, you know?"

Surprised she got up from the bed, Javier still thinks absolut her?

"Oh okay, I unterstand" she mumbled, still thinking about him. She wanted to text him a few days after Valentine's Day, but she didn't have the balls to do it. Because he only wanted a holidate, and Nova didn't want to come across as clingy.

"Well, todays St. Patrick's Day" Benny then said.

"Yeah I know" she replied with a chuckle.

"Sooo, you wanna you join us? We're going to a pub tonight" he asked and Nova felt herself start to smile. Because it was a nice feeling that Javier was still thinking about her.

"Uhm, I wanted to go out for a few drink with a friend tonight. But I can ask her if she wants to join? If you won't mind"

"Nah, the more the merrier. And, sorry to ask, but is your friend.. ah shit how am I supposed to say this? Well, you know, hot? Is she hot?"

Nova let out a laugh, "Aren't you dating the waitress?" she asked. Ever since she was cheated on, she at least wanted to make sure it didn't happen to anyone else.

"Nah, we broke up a day after New Years Eve"

"Ah I see, well then, yeah my friends pretty hot"

"Great, well, I'll text you the details later, okay? Gotta go now, I have to work. Bye Nova"

"Bye Benny" she replied and then he ended the call.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

In the evening Nova and her best friend Katie entered the pub. Both were dressed in green and in a good mood.

"I hope these men aren't creeps" Katie said with a grin.

"No, at least I don't think so" Nova replied with a laugh.

"Which one of them asked if I am hot?"

"Benny"

"Hm okay, how old is he? Cause I was shocked when you told me you were dating a 34 year old guy"

"No we're not dating, and I told you that. And I think Benny's 32. And you're 29 Katie, so that's really not a problem"