chapter eight: mothers day

May 12th,

"Do you really think it's a good idea?" Javi asked Nova while they sat on her sofa.

"Why not?" Nova asked back as she finished wrapping the gift in front of her.

"Well the other day your mother wasn't so happy that I was there. And today is Mother's Day"

"And her birthday"

"What?"

"It's her birthday too"

"Oh, wow, uh maybe I shouldn't come then?"

"Oh come on Javi, it's gonna be a big family celebration, almost everyone brings a plus-one. Last time, she was just stressed because she invited that Daniel guy over, But he's definitely not coming today, so don't worry. And I want you to come with me, please"

He sighed, "Okay, sure. But we'll make a short stop on the way and I'll buy some flowers for her, okay?"

Nova grinned at him, "Sure" she whispered and slid closer to him.

Javi didn't think twice and put his arms around her waist. And just a few seconds later, their lips met for the second time. Even though Cinco de Mayo was only a week ago, they missed each other - but neither would admit it in front of the other.

But that didn't matter for either of them right now, the only important thing in this moment was their kiss. And Nova loved the way Javier kisses her. It felt so good and she never wanted it to stop.

And he thought the same thing, so he pulled her onto his lap and hugged her tightly as he kissed her harder. Nova gently put her hands in his hair and smirked into the kiss, "We're gonna be late" she told him.

He groaned, "I just wanna kiss you" he mumbled against her lips and pressed another kiss on her cheek.

"Okay five more minutes won't be bad" she replied and kissed him again.

He took her face in his hands again and gently stroked her cheek. His other hand then slowly slid down her back and he gently placed it on her ass.

Surprised, Nova broke the kiss and stared at him for a second.

"Shit I'm so sorry. I should have asked you," he said, removing his arms immediately from her body.

But she put her arms around his shoulders again, "No don't worry, it's okay. I just didn't expect it"

"So you don't mind?"

"No, I don't mind, actually I want you do to it" she replied with a grin.

So he put his hands back on her lower back and rested his head against her neck, „I'm still sorry"

"Javi please, it's okay. I like being with you"

"Yeah I thought so too, but you looked so shocked"

"Don't overthink it, you can touch me. I like it" she replied with a grin and only a second later his lips were on hers again.

And a few minutes later it turned into a heavy makeout scene, until her phone rang.

"Fuck, I guess we're late" she mumbled when she saw that her sister was calling her.

Nova carefully got off his lap and saw him fixing his pants while she picked up the call, "Yeah?"

"Hi Nova, where are you?" Adriana asked.

"Well, uh, I'm on way" she lied.

"And uhm, is Javi with you?" her sister asked.

"Yeah, but I told Ma and she said it's okay"