chapter five: birthday party

April 2nd,

Nova entered Javier's house in amazement. That's where he lives? She looked around a bit until she got in the living room, where several people were already sitting. And a lot of people that Nova did not know at all.

When he noticed Nova, he walked right over to her, "Nova, I've been waiting for you" he told her quietly.

"Happy Birthday, Javier. I've got you something" she replied and held up a bag.

Surprised he looked at it, "Really? Thank you"

She put the bag in his hand, and when he saw what was in it, he immediately started to grin. "Oh my god, German beer? Thank you so much, how did you get it?"

"Well, I bought it online. I hope it's good" she told him, because the shipping for these 6 bottles of beer was excessively high.

"I'll put it in the kitchen, I have to get a few more drinks anyway. If you like, you can go to the others, afterwards I can show you around the house"

Nova nodded and was glad to see Benny, so she walked towards him. As she sat down next to him, she noticed that the woman sitting across from her was literally staring at her.

But she decided to ignore her and turned to Benny, "Hi"

"Hi girl, how are you?" he asked with a smile.

"I've a bit of a headache, but otherwise fine, and you?"

"I'm tired, I was at another party yesterday- But don't tell Javi" he said with a chuckle.

The woman across from her glared at them. And Nova looked back into her eyes for a moment.

"Wow Benny, another new girlfriend?" the woman asked with a grin.

Benny rolled his eyes, "She's my friend. And her name's Nova"

"Oh okay, and why is she here?"

"Excuse me?" Nova asked shocked. That woman is talking about her like that, while she's sitting in front of her?

"I've never seen you before. Who are you? Because I'm sure that Javier won't be happy if Benny brings random girls with him"

"For your information, Javi's also my friend, okay?" Nova replied with a fake smile.

"Well to be honest, I think they're even more than friends" Benny added with a grin.

"Don't say that" Nova whispered to him.

"Why? Come on, there's no point denying it. So how'd you feel now that your man's 35?"

But luckily she didn't have to say something back, because Javier came between and put his hand on her shoulder, "You want me to show you around now?"

"Yes please" she told him.

He held out his hand with a grin, and she placed hers on his. Together they went to the stairs and when Nova turned around for a moment, she saw the woman still glaring at her.

He showed her the bathroom and a small office. His house was quite nicely decorated. And it looked really cozy.

"And well, that's the last room upstairs, my bedroom" he said and pointed to the last door.

She turned around curiously, because across from his bedroom was another room that he didn't show her.

"Sorry if I'm prying, but what's in there?" she asked, pointing to the other door across the hallway.