013

"Oww" Temi winced as Neveah tied the elastic band behind her head

"Beauty is pain buttercup" she smiled into the mirror earning a scowl from Temi."What we doing?"

"Middle"Temi replied picking up her phone.

"Side yeah perfect" Neveah said disregarding what Temi had said as she started marking out the parting.

"Your lucky I'm to tired to argue"She said letting out a yawn. It was the evening before Valentine's Day and as per Veah was doing Temi's hair in the Salon but it was past closing so it was just them. All day Temi had been running around London in order to drop of last minute orders that couldn't be delivered she still had not the slightest idea what they were doing tomorrow but she did want to look cute regardless."I'm so tired bro and I just know this boy is going to want me to be up at the crack of dawn on some bs"she wined.

"Keep complaining I'll call him and tell him cancel everything"Neveah said smack Temi on the head with the comb."you can sleep in the car sit up man"

"Sorry mum"Temi sassed."What you doing tomorrow, if your not busy I can ask Zay if you can come with us."She said chirpily.

"I know you new to this but your supposed to spend Valentine's Day with your boyfriend not your boyfriend and your best friend. You know Zay don't like to share so what business would I have third wheeling just so he can mug me the whole night"Veah replied sarcastically making Temi laugh, when it came to Temi Zay hated sharing, when the group of friends met up Zayvier always made sure to keep Temi by his side even when they went out with Soraya he just wanted her to himself.

"Your right but I don't wan't you to be alone"she said sadly.

"Who said I was going to be alone?"Veah smirked raising an eyebrow."my roster is very much full, MK asked if I'm free as did Drew but I was gonna take out Messiah so Carter can go out I don't know"she sighed.

"You still mess with MK?"Temi said in shock remembering the hood nigga who moved to Neveah last year when they went out on a friend date before exams.

"We don't talk as much but yeah"she shrugged.

"What about Az?I thought you lot were doing good"Temi asked nosily.

"What about him?"she huffed."Azriel is cool and we get on like a house on fire but I could never be with him"she said going behind Temi to remove the elastic band

"And why is that?"

"It's not Az himself, Az is amazing he's kind he quiet he's a good mix of hood and regular but I just don't want to be with anyone, I can't be with anyone."she said plainly.

"Veah" Temi said solemnly. Temi hated feeling bad for Neveah but she did. Neveah liked to put on a hard front but she was always hurting. Neveah's parents died because they loved her, Neveah never wanted anyone to hurt as much as she did when she lost her parents, it hurt to not know the people who died for her, she barely remembered then but the pain just got worse as she got older. She loved Carter and she will forever be grateful for doing the best she could but just as Neveah was growing up and grieving so was Carter and Messiah was also an additional responsibility for her. Neveah wanted her parents but she couldn't have them and it really changed her. In a weird way a reason Temi and Neveah clicked is because they trauma bonded they both had there demons they just chose to battle them in a different way.