4. blaming

Lucas's POV - 12:00 AM

'I need to get over him. Whatever is going on needs to stop!' I went downstairs and splashed water on my face. 'What's going on...I don't like him right? No, I know I don't.'

Chase's POV

I couldn't sleep... I was too busy thinking of him. 'What if he hates me? We're best friends he couldn't hate me... right?'

I went outside and took a walk. I arrived and sat on a big Rock near the river. 'Memories...'

Third Person POV

"Hey I bet you I can swim in the river!" Chase called, "Bet you I can swim faster!" Lucas challenged. They both jumped into the water and almost drowned before rushing out.

"Tie" they declared, laughing

Lucas's POV

I went to take a walk and saw him sitting on a rock as I approached. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Nothing, just thinking of some things" he smiled. "Like what" I smirked. "Nothing important" he said. I joined him on the rock. "So how're you and Ariya going?" he asked. "Good, I might ask her out" I replied. "Aww then you two will be a cute couple" he smirked. I playfully punched him on the shoulder. "Shut up" I laugh. We both looked up at the stars. "There are like a billion up there" I said. "You're right about that" he chuckled. I looked back at him. He slowly leaned in and kissed me, and I didn't stop him either. We kissed for like five seconds before I realized what I was doing and pushed him off the rock in the river. "Sorry" he said. "My fault" I replied, before I ran off.

Chase's POV

'Why? Why!? Why?! Why did I have to kiss him?! Now he hates me and now I'm soaked and now our friendship is ruined.' There wasn't a doubt in my mind that he hated me. I knew it for a fact.

The next day I chose to ignore the fact that he started acting a little weird around me. We were with the gang when Katie suggested we go swimming at the beach. We all agreed.

"Hey I bet I can beat I to that line and back" I smirked, trying to get him to acknowledge me but he didn't. So I grabbed his shoulder and he shrugged me off roughly. "Please, I wanna be alone" he finally said so I left, a little disappointed.

Lucas's POV

Just great, now I'm pushing away my best friend. Well no one told him to just get cute all of a sudden. I blame him for this.