10. Chase meets Bella

Lucas's POV

I got there and I saw the whole gang there. Even Chase, except he didn't pay any attention to me.

"So guys are you ready?" asked the director. Everyone except for Chase cheered their affirmation. They then headed to the studio. Once at the studio, the director explained the plot of the movie to them.

"So the movie is about an evil person." the director started explaining "The villain, like all villains do, has multiple fights with the protagonist. Only in this case, they fall in love." The director explained.

"Aww, how cute!" Ariya said "Can I play the protagonist?" she asked.

"Sure," the director said "But who will be the bad guy?" he asked. Knowing that if I played the villain I'd get to fall in love with Ariya, I knew I had to have that role. 'And maybe, I'll be able to stop thinking about Chase.' I immediately volunteered myself.

"Me!" I shouted. I was met with everyone's stares for a brief second before they all laughed. The director then got everyone's attention and continued explaining the movie.

"So each of you will have two people by your side" he adds. At this, Chase started to chuckle nervously

"I umm, actually don't wanna be in the movie" he said, only to be met with everyone's gasps of shock.

"Why" asked Katie.

"They just aren't my thing, sorry" he said. The director quickly recovered from the unexpected news and rectified the situation.

"No worries," he assured "The protagonist will only have one partner then," he said "Is that alright with you Ariya?" he asked. Ariya nodded and so she was paired up with only Lisa. The director then remembered

"Oh yeah, by the way guys there's a kissing scene between the villain and the protagonist." he said.

Chase's POV

I stayed and watched them rehearse. After rehearsal, we left, going our separate ways. As I walked down the street, a girl about my age bumps into me.

"I'm sorry" I apologized. She just giggled.

"It's ok. Say, what's your name?" she asked and I introduced myself as Chase. The girl's face lit up with recognition.

"You wouldn't happen to be friends with a guy named Lucas" she asked

"Yeah, in fact we're best friends," I started before remembering Lucas' words. 'Oh yeah, we're barely friends now' "Actually, we were best friends, but now I'm not too so sure." I said, my mood having depleted some. 'How does she know Lucas?' "How did you know?" I asked. Suddenly, the girl broke out into a small smile.

"So, you're the famous Chase I've heard so much about" she said, giggling again. She then skipped off. 'That was weird. Has Lucas been talking about me? Why?'

Later on, the gang wanted to meet up to talk about the movie. I tried to decline, seeing as how I wouldn't be in the movie. 'And to avoid Lucas' But they insisted that I come, so I reluctantly showed myself.

When I got to the meeting spot, I saw the others chatting among themselves, talking about the movie. Then one of them turned and saw me and immediately yelled my name in greeting. Then everyone's head snapped in my direction and they all started talking at me all at once.

"You should really join!" was the only thing I was able to discern from their verbal assault.

"Nah" I chuckled

"Are you sure?" Katie asked "Because, tomorrow we're supposed to meet someone new that's a girl.They'll be working on the movie with us" Katie pressed

"Awesome" james said, interrupting Katie "I hope they're cute" he said. he was smacked by Ariya as a response. We laughed as she pouted.

"Come on let's rehearse a bit" Lucas said, looking right at me, "I could use some help learning my lines you're always good at this stuff" he said. 'Even though I'm mad, I can't say no to you... Damn you Lucas'

"Alright let's rock!" I said, getting up.

After helping Lucas rehearse for a bit, we ate lunch together. It was awesome! We stayed a little longer until it began to get dark

"Alright," Katie said "It's late, we should be going" Katie suggested. We all agreed and stood up. We waved each other bye but as I was preparing to walk home, Lucas caught up to me.

"Umm, Chase we live on the same street" he started, nervously. 'Why is he nervous' "So let's go home together" Lucas insisted, suddenly resolved. (Damn it Luke, you already know things are complicated,so why are you doing this?)

"Alright," I conceded, defeated "But come on it's almost curfew so let's go" I said. As we were walking home, I started chatting with him. 'Maybe now's my chance to bring things back to normal. If I can't have him the way I want to, then I at least want his friendship.'

"So..." I started "Ready to kiss Ariya" I teased, smirking. He blushed and hit me in the arm. I laughed.

"Yo, what's up with that baby hit" I taunted. Lucas laughed before donning a serious expression

"I'm gonna ask her out after the movie" he declared. Once more, my good mood got happier

"Good luck, I hope your happy with her" I said with a smile. His smile dropped.

"Why do you keep saying that?" he asked, the beginning of anger seeping into his voice

"Yeesh, can't I just want my best friend to be happy" I pouted but Lucas wasn't buying it.

"No it's just something about the way you say it" he grouched.

"Nah, you're just delusional", I deflected. I then saw my house up ahead.

"Alright, bye" I said speed-walking off.

Lucas's POV

"I hope you're happy with her" 'Why do those words haunt me?'