☆Why Are The Bombs Pink☆

The UA Sports Festival is today. Yay! I'm so excited! That's a joke, by the way. I went into the school struggling to get by all of the reporters. If this is the start of my day, it's not going to go well. I got into the Class 1-A waiting room eventually.

   "Aw man. I was totally hoping I could wear my costume." Mina complains.

   "Honestly, I'm more comfortable wearing the gym clothes instead of our costumes for this." I replay.

   "Yeah, at least everyone'll be in uniforms. That'll keep things fair, right?" Tail dude asks.

   "Hmm. Sora, are you still not wanting to do this?" Mina looks at me.

   "Yes, I woke up too early." I answer sadly. Mina puts her hand over her mouth, trying to hide her laughing.

   "Everyone, get your game faces on! We're entering the arena soon!" Iida enters the room.

   "Oh, no." I hit my head on the table. Mina starts laughing, not even trying to hide it.

   "Aw, come on, Yamada. It's not gonna be that bad." Kirishima tries to comfort me.

   "Easy for you to say. You actually want to do this." I stand up slowly and lean on Mina. I look over to see Todoroki loudly speaking to Midoryia.

   "But know that I will beat you." Jeez, what's gotten into cold boy.

   "What's with all these declarations of war lately?" Kaminari says under his breath. Kirishima walks away from me over to Todoroki.

   "Yeah, what's the big deal? Why you pickin' a fight all of a sudden? And right before we get started..." Todoroki elbows Kirishima's hand off of him.

   "We're not here to be each other's friends. Don't forget. This isn't a team effort." Todoroki says, walking off. Well, aren't you dramatic.

   "Wait a second, Todoroki." Midoriya's voice stops Todoroki walking off. "I don't know what's going through your head or why you think you'd need to tell me that you'll beat me. And, yeah, of course you're better than me. In fact, you probably have way more potential than anyone in the hero course. That's why you got in so easily."

   Diggity darn, Midoriya. That kinda hurt.

   "Maybe you're being a little hard on yourself and us." Kirishima tries to calm the situation.

   "No, he's right, you guys. All the other courses-- they're coming for us with everything they've got. We're all gonna have to fight to stand out. And I'll be aiming for the top, too."

   Wow, this is making me emotional. Now I wanna be in the top.

   "Fine."

   "Hey! Make some noise, all you rabid sports fan!" Present Mic yells into the microphone, making my ears bleed. "Get those cameras prepped, media hordes! This year, we're bringing you some of the hottest performances in sports festival history, guaranteed! I've only got one question before we start the show: are you ready? Let me hear ya scream as our students make their way to the main stage!"

   I walk with my class out of a cave looking thing into the arena. Wow, that's a lot of screaming people.

   "Welcome back to the UA Sports Festival. Where up-and-coming heroes leave everything on the field as they fight for the chance to achieve worldwide fame and celebrity!" Mic says over the speakers. "This first group are no strangers to the spotlight! You know them for withstanding a villain attack-- the dazzling students lighting up your TVs with solid-good skills. The hero course students of Class 1-A!"