13. Like, like like her

Bradley's POV:
"Whatcha doing?" Shelby strolls out of room with wet hair and a baggy tee shirt. I'm honestly not sure if she's wearing pants or not.

"Studying." I answer. "I've got an aero test tomorrow."

"On the last day of the semester?" She sits next to me at the kitchen counter.

"Yep. It's annoying." I look through the online study guide. Shel has a very low attention span, and she's bored already. I'm looking down at my laptop, but I can hear her opening the freezer while humming what's probably a Taylor Swift song.

"You know, I'm actually gonna miss you over the break." She admits, sitting on the counter eating ice cream out of the tub.

"Oh stop, you're making me blush." I joke with her. We've gotten so close since we've moved in together that it's gonna be weird not seeing her every day.

"Ugh, rude!" She rolls her eyes at me.

"I'm kidding. I'll miss you too. You know, you can always come visit. Aunt Carla would love to see you."

"And the Kasanky's would love to see you." She keeps trying to convince me to stay for a few days over the holiday.

"As much as I love them, and you, I am not spending my Christmas with Maverick. I've spent enough time talking to him over this semester. I'll visit Ice this summer when I stay up in San Diego." Sorry, but it's the truth.

"Fair enough." She shrugs.

"What's stopping you from coming with me the first couple of days?" I ask as I scroll through questions on my laptop.

"Ice isn't doing well. I honestly just want to spend more time with him." She tells me. She's always completely honest with how she feels, which I'm really grateful for. Last week, Sarah called and told Shelby that Tom had been diagnosed with throat cancer, and she's been worrying about it nonstop. Personally, I know he'll be just fine. He's always seemed so indestructible to me, like not even cancer could hurt him.

"That makes sense." Is all I can say. I say it quietly, gently I guess.

"You should come to my room when you're done with that." She hops off the countertop, putting the ice cream back in the freezer.

"Okay. Why?" I ask.

"Cause I'm bored." She shrugs. She shrugs a lot. The girl just turns around and walks to her room, leaving me confused.

After I finish studying, I grab a box of Lucky Charms and stroll over to Shelby's side of the apartment. When I open the door, I see her in bed on her phone watching Gilmore Girls.

"Welcome." She looks up at me and pats the spot next to her on the bed. I hop in next to her and put arm around her shoulders, the only thing separating us being the cereal box.

"What's going on?" I ask, pointing at the tv.

"Lorelei slept with Christopher, Rory's dad. And then he was all like 'we'll have a life together I promise' but he just found out that Sherry's pregnant." She explains what I missed.

"So who's wedding is this?" I ask, trying to understand what's going on.

"Sookie and Jackson. Dean is Rory's date." She fills me in. I look at the screen and see Rory kissing Jess.

"Woahhh! What is she doing?"

"What she should've done four episodes ago." She grabs a handful of Lucky Charms and shoved them into her mouth. I do the same.

Three episodes later, the cereal box is empty and on the floor. I look down and see Shelby asleep against my chest, practically on top of me. What am I supposed to do now? I awkwardly shift to the side, trying my best to not wake her up. It's a bit difficult with her little arms death gripping my waist. I slowly peel her hands off of me, and roll her onto her side. Okay I did i-