17. Ranting to Natasha and Reuben

One Day Later
Natasha's POV:
It's currently around ten AM, and I start to get really bored as I sit at the kitchen counter doing homework. Emma's at Mickey's place. Oh yeah, that happened. The two of them have been together for like two months now. Not sure how it's gonna turn out. Personally I think she'd be better with Kyle, but nobody tends to listen to my boy advice. Speaking of...

"Nat, I have a problem!" Shelby bursts through my apartment door, making me jolt up from my chair. We should not have given her a key.

"Jesus! What's wrong?" I look at the girl walking into my kitchen.

"You were right." She sits on a barstool across from me. I shoot her a confused glance, wondering what she's trying to say. She just rests her elbows on the counter and puts her head in her hands.

"I mean obviously. I'm always right, but what-"

"I like Bradley." She picks up her head and looks at me to see my reaction.

"Liiiike..."

"Like, like like." She swallows nervously.

"Holy shit! I was right. Does he know? You have to tell him!" I try to keep my cool, but I ship them so hard. It really is a shame Bradley told me to keep his crush on her a secret.

"What? No! There's no way he can find out! It would ruin everything."

It physically pains me to not be able to say 'he likes you too, idiot!' But a promise is a promise, and Bradley has become just as much my friend as Shelby has. Well almost. It would be wrong to break his promise like that. But I really want to. But I can't. I won't.

"I think you should go for it. Shoot your shot! You only live once." I shrug, trying to be nonchalant about it.

"That's a horrible idea. He's been my best friend my entire life...I can't fuck that up."

"So wait a minute..." I start to evaluate the situation. "You hooking up with him didn't ruin your friendship at all?"

"That was ages ago! And yeah, it was a little awkward. After that summer, he went to college and I didn't see him for another year. Over those past three years we grew closer again, but it's not like we ever saw each other. Now we live together."

"I don't see how that's any different. It could be just like that one summer. Just every day you would be together instead of one week."

"No it can't. I didn't have feelings for him then...at least I don't think I did. If I get rejected, I have to see him every single day. In my own home!" She rants.

"I still think it's worth it." I shrug. If only he would man up and tell her.

————————————————————

Reuben's POV:
"You have class today?" I ask my roommate, Jake. He's okay I guess, but Shelby and Bradley don't like him, and I'm team Shadley always.

"Nah, just a workout." He says, grabbing his keys and walking towards the door. From the kitchen I can see the door open, a Bradley appearing on the other side looking like he was about to knock

"Why are you here?" Jake asks him.

"Ugh. I forgot you live here too." Brad complains.

"Thank God I'm leaving." Jake says before walking past him. As soon as he's gone, In walks Bradley.

"Any other assholes around here?" He asks.

"All clear. So whatsup, she kick you out again?" I ask in a joking manner. Two weeks ago they had a little minor argument. They're better now I think. Shelby's been acting strange, though.