2.

𝐸𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓇

_________________________

The practice day.

Just normal races in which drivers get used to the circuit and the teams get the chance to try new equipment and strategies, all to be ready for the qualifying.

I passed by Olivia's hotel room this morning, made sure she was fine and confirmed to her that there is nothing to worry about, everything is fine. She kept thanking me and told me to say hi to our team and the drivers too. I feel bad a bit for taking her place since it could've helped her improve her position. She said it was fine since it was urgent. It helped me, truly. It was a good chance for me to befriend those drivers. Of course, we weren't that formal yesterday; the drivers and me. We changed hugs, smiles, games, pics, and other things. It's always good to be around them.

To celebrate the beginning of another adventure, I thought about bringing them some snacks and drinks today, not alcohol or beer, of course, they need to stay sober. It's not that much of a thing, I mean most of them can afford better snacks, but I just wanted to do so. They are unhealthy for sure, but once for an internity won't do something wrong, right?

Holding the huge bag in my right hand, I go down the stairs of the paddock slowly, feeling the weight of all the snacks and drinks. As I walk towards the garages, I notice the drivers gathered, chitchatting and laughing together. Their camaraderie is evident, despite the fierce competition they engage in on track. Well, as they say, "Off-track, we are a family, on-track, we race."

"Hey, guys." I greet them. They all turn toward me and greet me with huge smiles and waves, some of them look at the bag in my hand with curiosity. "I've brought some food to celebrate the start of another competition," I answer their questioning looks. They seem happier now, taking the bag from my hand, which I'm thankful for; that bag killed my arm. I stand there watching how content they seem as they take out the packs of chips, energy bars, chocolates, and bottles of soda. Some of them shout out compliments towards me and thank me, which draws a genuine smile for me.

"No thanks guys, it's my pleasure." I receive their gratitude happily, glad to have brightened their day up. I watch Luke and Marcus, an Alfa Romeo driver, argue about who will get the last pack of chips, making me giggle.

"That's inappropriate.." a voice says next to me, causing my laughter to subside. I wish it would be a serial killer who spoke, but it was way worse.

"What's inappropriate about it?" I turn to face big arms and a stern expression belonging to my new friend -note the sarcasm- Rafe. He looks at me disapprovingly, not sharing the jovial mood of the drivers. I ignore his scowl and roll my eyes. Too bad what he thinks doesn't matter, a voice in my head whispers.

"They are sportsmen, such food isn't favorable for them," he declares in a condescending tone as he watches with disapproval as his mates enjoying happily the snacks. I know some people are very particular about their health and fitness, but once in a while won't hurt.