15.

𝓡𝓪𝓯𝓮

______________________

"You want a bet?"

Her sudden proposition catches me off guard as I was too drawn out by the little touches I received from her fingertips. I turn to look at her, her eyebrow raised in a challenging manner, making me fight the smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

"Why such a sudden proposition?" I ask, trying to match her playful tone. She shrugs in response, tugging her hair behind her ear as she answers, "Someone once told me that a bet can make a person feel better."

I'm biting my lower lip, barely able to contain my grin as I stop in my track and turn to face her fully. "Voice it out, Lopez."

A mischievous glint shines in her pink eyes, vanishing away the sadness that had lingered there just a moment before. She acts like she's thinking, looking at the sky with a thoughtful expression, and I take a moment to contemplate her beauty.

Her brown eyes shine brighter than honey under the sunlight, radiating a warmth that is hard to resist. Her skin is flawless and smooth, and I'm afraid that my fingertips might scratch its perfection. Her face lights up with the little smile she holds at her playful proposal, her dimples appearing like secret treasures and her few freckles spreading across her cheeks like constellations.

She is so perfect that I'm scared.

I'm scared to touch her and tarnish her perfection. I'm scared to hold on to her and she slips away like morning dew. I'm afraid to look at her for too long that I get lost in her and never find my way back.

Incluso tengo miedo de amarla porque sé muy seguro que mi amor no será suficiente para ella.

Y que lo que más me aterra.

"Okay, let's change a little bit," she starts, finally meeting my gaze, "If you win today's race, I'll have to treat you with something. But if you don't, then you'll have to treat me. How about that?" Her excitement is palpable, as the thrill of competition seems o be running in her veins.

I consider her proposal for a moment, just an excuse to enjoy her close presence for a little longer. I take my time, weighing the options in my mind, before finally giving her a nod before I ask, "Why such changes to the usual bets?"

We start walking again, and the exit of the cemetery not far away. But I wished it was miles away from us. I wanted the minutes to last longer and the world to come to a halt, just for me to savor a few more moments with her.

Pero son sólo deseos.

"I don't know," she begins, "Maybe to encourage you more to give your all in that race and not hold back."

My heart sinks in my stomach as the meaning behind her words settles down.

"From what I know so far," she continues, "Every year, you lose the Spanish GP race. What's surprising is that you don't lose, but you hold back yourself in purpose and stay in second place," She is silent for a moment before she looks up at me and mumbles, "Why?"