5.

𝓡𝓪𝓯𝓮

______________________

I kill the engine right outside the hotel where she's staying

I kill the engine right outside the hotel where she's staying. It's five minutes to 8 pm.

The place is a bit quiet and empty, just the sounds of the heavy traffic on another street can be heard. I get out of the car, angling myself toward the entrance of the hotel and leaning against the hood. I pulled a good outfit, making sure to wear something stylish, but still comfortable after such an exhilarating day. It's a date after all, even though she is obliged to come.

You should have seen her face earlier today. It was obvious this date will piss her off. I had another idea, but once I saw her reaction, I couldn't resist. Plus, I don't go out a lot lately, so it wouldn't hurt to have company tonight.

I wait patiently for her, checking my surroundings from time to time. I suddenly hear some footsteps of heels on hard concrete, and just by the sound, I could tell it was her. I turn my attention to the entrance just to see her getting out of the hotel, and my breath was stuck in my throat. She looks stunning in forest green suit pants and a black blouse. Her hair is styled into soft waves and falls on her shoulders perfectly. I could feel my sugar levels rising at her sight, but I compose myself to walk to the stairs in front of the hotel.

"On time. Quiet exact, Lopez." I hold out my arm for her to help her walk down the stairs, "Shut up, Alvarez" She ignores my hand, walking down on her own. I purse my lips holding back my smile, already starting to enjoy this. "I recall saying red suits you." I hold the car door for her. She faces me with an irritated look, her grumpy face cute as always. "You can't get everything you desire, Rafe. Plus, I can wear whatever I want." Her voice is so angry that it shows how much she's pissed off on this date. You did a good choice, Rafe, I thought to myself.

She climbs into the car and extends her hand to close the door, "No need to gentleman acts." She pulls the door with force to close it but I stop it. I support my weight with one hand on the car door and the other resting on the top of the car, leaning closer to her. Not too much distance between our faces as her perfume fills my nostrils. I whisper gently looking into her eyes, "Yeah you can say so, but that doesn't stop me from treating you with the respect and courtesy you deserve, mi sol."

I close the door gently and walk around to the driver's seat when I hear her screaming from frustration. A chuckle leaves my throat. Damn, this woman. Once I'm in, she says something under her breath. I can't hear it but for sure she's complaining, expressing her annoyance by what she's forced into.

"One day you're so harsh and disrespectful, a day later you're acting like a man." A small smirk crosses my expression, she really can't get over our first interaction. I did, I appreciate that accident. "How many victims of this scenario there are?" she asks."The list is still blank. Thank you for opening it with your name." She rolls her eyes.