6.

𝐸𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓇

________________________

Monaco.

We're back.

How much I missed the luxury of this place, the sea breeze and the summer nights. It always feels like paradise on Earth. I inhale slowly, eyes closed as I feel the freshness of the air. I'm walking down the street, heading to the restaurant that Faith talked about a lot lately. She said it was something we must try, so I couldn't say no to her.

We're missing each other's company a lot lately. Work and life have been keeping us both busy. With me going all over the world for my job and her busying herself with photoshoots and fashion weeks, we barely can find some time to meet or hang out. But we make sure our summer breaks are the same, so we can enjoy the time we didn't.

"There she is, my shining light," Faith says when she spots me down the street. And there she is, my Faith with her usual glow. I believe I've never seen her in a mess. She always looks put together and fabulous. It still confuses me why she's still single, but I think her attachment to fictional men has something to do with it, especially Luke from her favorite film.

I'm opening my arms for a huge hug, taking my time to reach her. I very much need her hug from time to time, they are always comforting and relaxing. She wraps hers around me, her warmth welcoming as always. "I missed you, Fai," I hug her tightly, "Of course you did, I'm a hard person to love without," she jokes, huffing her short blonde hair off her face. I can't but chuckle, at her joining me. "So this is it," I turn to the restaurant, contemplating the elegant building in front of us. She nods, "Yes, they said the food is as delicious as the one who made it," she winks, teasing me. I roll my eyes playfully and laugh. Yes, this is Faith, no shy of words and full of fun.

"Let's get our lunch, I'm starving." I groan. I had breakfast very early this morning, and now it's one after midday, so I'll have my stomach growling sooner if I don't fill it with food. We wrap our arms around each other's shoulders and go to enter the restaurant. She moves her hand to my butt, giving it a little squeeze. "Damn, you've grown an ass." I laugh hard at that.

Yes, that is Faith, that is her.

______________________

"So basically, he's not the one who told your boss, but it was leaked by someone else?" She points her fork at me as she asks. I give her a little nod, enjoying the amazing food in front of me. "So, who is it?" "I have no idea," I reply taking a sip from my water glass. "He's still guilty though," she eats another spoonful of mashed sweet potatoes. I frown, "Why?"

"Because there is no evidence that it's not him."

"Faith, there is no evidence that it's him also."

"I refuse to believe he's not," she states firmly, digging into her steak. "Why not? He doesn't look like a bad guy." No, no, no, don't take me as I'm defending him, I'm only saying we don't have enough proof to accuse him of something he didn't. Shakira said "These hips don't lie", but let me "Eyes don't lie too". Those brown eyes of his have honesty and sincerity that are hard to miss.