12.

𝐸𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓇

________________________

*Cowboy movie background music*

I'm tightening my eyes at Faith.

She's tightening her eyes at me.

We're tightening our eyes at each other.

Arms folded.

Brows furrowed.

Mouth shut.

The tension is palpable between us.

"I'm sorry ladies, but I have to take your order," the waiter seems done with us; he stood for five minutes at our table and still hasn't received our order. Other tables are waiting, so he has the right to be a bit angry.

"A chocolate milkshake, please," I answer not breaking eye contact with Faith. "A strawberry one for me, and please tell them to make it extra thick and creamy,' she orders, still holding our  eye contact. "The opposite for me," I interject, my eyes not blinking at all.

The waiter exchanges glances between us as if seeing the tension in the air. "Crazy women," he mutters under his breath and shakes his head, making his way to the kitchen.

"We will deal with him later," Faith says in a calm and assertive tone. I nod in response and we stay in the same posture as early for longer.

Eyes tight.

Arms folded.

Brows fur

"Oh come on, we're not going to stay like that for the whole day," Faith gives up, finally moving from her position and breaking the intensity of our contact, "Oh my god, that hurt," she mutters as she blinks her eyes rapidly. The corner of my lips curls up slightly hinting at a victorious smile.

"Okay, you start," she says, shifting and leaning back in the chair. I shrug casually, "I'm not, you are." She gives an eye roll at how hardheaded I am. I'm always hard to convince, you can break your back trying. "We say at the same time, okay?" I nod in response as she starts counting to three: "One... Two... Three..."

Silence.

"I knew you would do it," we say in unison, pointing at each other. Some other girls in the coffee turn their heads to us, curious about the commotion, but we care less.

"Fine, fine," Faith relents, "Let's end this childish shit and actually talk."

"Why were you in the Ferrari hospitality last Sunday?"

"I take back my words, bring the childish banter back."

My eyes roll in the back of my head, as the waiter saves Faith and brings us our order. He puts the milkshakes down and quickly leaves, avoiding eye contact with us. That's good for him, he's already in too much shit with calling us "crazy women", Fai won't let it go.