11

𝐸𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓇

________________________

"Will we need some tomato sauce?"

"Eloise, we're doing pasta with Alfredo sauce and you're asking about tomato sauce?"

Unfazed, Eloise grabs a jar of tomato sauce and adds it to the cart, "Just in case someone wants some marinara sauce instead."

I give her an eye roll, pushing the light cart, "My Alfredo pasta is the star of the show, it'll make you forget any other sauce even exists."

She looks up from her phone, "That's literally the only meal you can make, Ele."

"Don't mock my culinary skills, El."

"I'm not mocking, just stating facts," she stops as I do to grab a pack of elbow noodles from the shelf, "You're twenty-five years old and still suck at cooking, Mom is so disappointed"

I continue forward, pointing out at her, "You burned the kitchen with a guy you brought over,  remember?" She rolls her eyes back at me, "So you suck at cooking too."

"We'll, he burnt the kitchen not me. I was sure of what I was doing, but he was like 'Oh! Let me show you how it's done!' and boom! the kitchen was on fire."

I giggle at the way she copies a husky voice, but she seemed more like a talking bear who's complaining about getting woken up before his hibernation ends.

That is my sister. Just like Faith,  she's full of funny stories and always manages to bring a smile to my face and a light-hearted laugh to any situation. But Faith is more sassy and baddie, while Eloise is more bright and bubbly.

They're both two precious gems that I'm grateful to have in my life. Don't worry, I have too many gems.

And most of them are women.

"You know what you're doing, huh?" She nods, looking proud of herself, "Then name all the meals you can make," I lean on the shopping cart,  challenging her.

It seems like she has been waiting for this moment for her whole life.

She clears her throat, a smile not leaving her figure as she hides her phone in her pocket, freeing her hands to start listing off a plethora of dishes she can whip up in the kitchen. I can tell you I got lost right after she mentioned spaghetti bolognese, which was the second dish she listed. She keeps counting with her fingers with confidence. I'm sure at this point, she has a good menu prepared for her future restaurant, starting from appetizers to desserts.

Now I can worry less about her future.

"Oh my god!" a voice interrupts our playful banter, making Eloise stop her enumeration and both of us turn to see a surprised and slightly flustered woman standing nearby, "Eleanor and Eloise, what a pleasure to meet you both!"