Part 69: Understanding

Michael's P.O.V:

My sleepy eyes begin to adjust to the most perfect view I could ever imagine. Penelope's peacefully asleep while her full curly hair appears glossy as it's positioned perfectly across my chest. As my eyes pan further down her body, the curve of her back gives me vivid memories of last night.

I couldn't imagine giving myself to anybody else but her. Trust me, I've been in many relations with many other women in my lifetime, and had the chance to give myself to any of them, but none of them have ever put me in a trance Penelope's got on me. If it were my choice, I'd never move from here. I'd like her to stay in my arms. Forever.

My thoughts get interrupted by the feeling of Penelope smile on my chest.

Penelope P.O.V:

"Good morning." Michael says with a morning voice that guys always get. The sound of his voice already gets me heated.

"Morning." I say while hugging Michael tightly as I stretch.

"Since I've got nothing booked before the show night, I've got many things planned for the both of us." Michael says as he stretches as well.

"Yeah, like what?" I ask curiously as I sit up.

"Well I've had this dream that concert I do, I'd visit an orphanage or hospital, so I'd like to go there." Michael says as he pulls me back into bed.

"I've always loved children, they've got this innocence that makes me stay humble." He continues he runs his fingers through my hair.

"That's so sweet. I wished I was around kids more. I was never around kids going up, but my sister." I say while getting out of bed, but this time Michael doesn't pull me back.

"So where else are we going?" I ask as I bend down to grab Michael's robe.

"Well I was also thinking that we'd-" Michael says but then mumbles towards the end.

"What?" I ask as I turn around to face him.

"Just...you..." Michael says while staring at me intensely as his cheeks become red.

I look down to notice that I'm still naked.

"Don't act like you haven't seen this before." I say as I grab my own ass.

Michael and I's eyes squeeze tightly as the room fills with our laughter.

As our laughs die down, I begin to say,
"I'm gonna head over to my room to get ready."

"I'll get ready as well." Michael says as he jumps out of bed.

As I look down to tie the robe around my waist, I begin to say,"Now look who's naked now."

Before I could look up, Michael quickly covers himself with the bed sheets. Instead of laughter filling the room again, Michael's becomes redder than he was before.

"What's wrong? I saw last night; why is it a problem now?" I ask while shifting the robe.

"Forget it. Just lay off, and go get ready." Michael says while sounding like I'm the one that did something wrong.

Without questioning it any further, I decide to leave. I don't want to cause more problems than there has to be.

When I get to room I notice Jennifer's still sound asleep. Without making any noise, I successfully snatch clothes and get into the bathroom.

As I hop into the shower, I think about how thankful I am that Jennifer, Karen, and I went shopping before the concert last night. The only clothes I brought to this tour was the only three outfits that I first brought to California with me, because that was as much as I could carry.