Part 63: Confidence

*Last Rehearsal Till The First Show *

Penelope's P.O.V:

This week has been going by super slow. We rehearse for about 17 hours everyday. It's defiantly a change from singing in a club in front of a drunk, sweaty, but rich crowd.

I'm not complaining though. This experience is going to be life changing. I can't imagine millions of fans filling up these endless rows of seats.

I've always seen the outcome of Michael's performances on tv as a child, but I've never known how much work you need to put into it.I remember my family would watch The Jackson 5 perform on the Ed Sullivan Show, while I was cooking dinner. If I could close my eyes hard enough, I could still see myself dancing to Michael's voice.

I wonder what my family would do if they ever heard about me being apart of the Bad Tour. They probably don't even know I can sing! In a way, I want them to see me up on stage, I wanna show them what the've been messing for the pass 5 years.

Since it's the last rehearsal till the first show, I would think Michael would be easier on us today, but boy was I wrong.

Michael's such a perfectionist. He's always telling someone what needs to be improved. He's very stern with it. Everything has to be his way, or no way, but everyone goes along with it, because we know whatever Michael got planned out in his head will become a masterpiece. I can't wait to see how this tour turns out.

What's also great about Michael would be that our outside problems doesn't matter when we practice. All the bullshit disappear, and pure magic reflects in. When we sing on that stage, I feel embarrassed, but proud of myself at the same time. I don't know, I'm just too into myself.

The tour manger had told Sheryl and I that we would do equal amount of shows, so there wouldn't be any complications for us. I like that idea much better, because I don't think I could do all the shows; Especially since it's my first time ever performing in a legit show.

"Can I French braid your hair Penny?", Jennifer asks as she interrupts my thoughts and stuffs the last bit of her Salami sandwich into her mouth.

"Go ahead.", I smile to her as I throw away the core of my apple into my brown paper lunch bag.

"I've always wanted to try it out on someone else, but I'm never trusted with hair.", Jennifer says while mumbling the last part.

"And why is that?", I ask nervously.

"I don't know. I guess I'm just not good with my hands.", Jennifer sighs as she tries to comb my curly hair with her fingers.

"How could you say that when you're amazing at playing the guitar?", I grunt as she pulls my hair into three sections.

"Well that's different. The guitar is a second nature to me. Makeup and hair and other stuff like that doesn't work for me. I just don't have a steady hand for it."

"Then keep at it. You never know, someday you could take Karen's job.", I say as Jennifer ties off the braid.

"Hey, I heard that!", Karen says from the distance.

Jennifer and I laugh as I turn to the mirror near by.

"Jennifer!", I say as I look at the braid.

"I know. You don't have to rub it in.", Jennifer signs as she looks down.

"Are you kidding me!? This looks professional. You're way too hard on yourself."

"Really? You think it's professional?", Jennifer asks with a growing smile.

"Obviously! I can totally work this.", I say cockily as I lift my chin like a model would.

"And now you need to start to work this tour, now let's go.", Michael interrupts as he pulls me away from Jennifer.

I quickly rip his grip from me. No way in hell is someone going to treat me so disrespectfully. Specially in front of a friend. 

Michael looks back at me with a frustrated expression. He waits for me to explain why I pulled away, but I stay silence. What am I suppose to say? All I could feel is my face blush from embarrassment. Why do I have to make myself look like a fool? Finally, Michael becomes impatient for me to answer, so he trudges away.

As he walks away, I can't help but notice something different in his walk.

I know exactly what's different.

 Confidence.

 There's a dip in his hip and a glide in his stride. I don't know if it's a dancer's thing, but whatever it is, it's getting me turned on.

Wait a minute. Turned on? You've got to be crazy Penelope?! You can't be thinking about Michael in that way.

At least not now...

Author's Note:

I wrote this at school, so sorry if it isn't the best.

Thank you for reading!♥️

Vote/ Comment!

~Vicki👋