𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝐿𝑉𝐼

~Hunting Ghosts~

~Hunting Ghosts~

February 1472, Eltham Palace....

Frost glazed the windows and the cold hung heavy in the air for the first hunt of the year.

Constance had her ladies wrap her in her warmest cloak and softest gloves, making sure her gown was heavy and layered, keeping the swell of her belly snug; baby happy. He was growing stronger by the day, indeed, he kicked like a stallion in her womb, so much so he kept her awake some nights!

"Are you ready, my love?" Edward asked as he entered her chambers, slipping on his leather gloves while her ladies placed a long veil over the golden coif binding her hair "How fares our son? Is he well?"
"He is!" She replied taking his hand and slipping it beneath the folds of her cloak to her belly. A kick met his palm "See, he already knows his Father!"
"He does! Now, are you sure you should be attending the hunt?"

Constance chuckled as she waved her ladies away.
"I am sure! It will do baby and I good, Ned! You will take Marie with you, will you not?"
"Of course!" He replied "Our daughter is a fine shot with an arrow and I'm determined to make her the finest huntress this land has known! She's young but she never flinches at the blood, she only thinks of it as victory!"

"Like you then?"
Edward grinned, removing his hand from her belly to wrap an arm around her waist as he guided her from her chambers.
"If I walk with Marie, you should walk with Dickon! He shall be near the back as he always chooses to be so you shan't be tired out and I know you are fond of him!"

"That I am!" She agreed with a nod "I expect James shall join me before the excitement of the hunt claims him and he joins you and Will!"
"He too is a very good shot!"

The two smiled as they headed out into the courtyard where the nobles awaited, ready to begin the day in the palace's hunting grounds. Some stood with bows, others with their trusty hounds waiting to set them loose to catch prey. All bowed and curtsied as the King and Queen emerged.

Constance looked around, searching for the lithe figure of Anne Neville. She was nowhere to be found, only her elder sister and George could be seen. Her heart sank.

"Ah, my King, my Queen!" Richard greeted merrily, as she and Edward joined their circle of friends, bowing "I trust you are both well?"

"We are!" Edward replied happily "As is our growing son! The Princess should be along soon, Connie has bought her yet another selection of garments!" Constance smiled, hitting him playfully on the arm.
"You know I will not her have anything less than the best and she must have hunting outfits for each season!"