𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐿𝑋𝑉𝐼𝐼𝐼

~The Sunne in Splendour is Burning Out~

8th of April 1483, Westminster Palace....

It brought Constance the greatest joy to look around the table and see her dearest kin. Her daughters and two youngest sons, along with her brother, sat around the King's dining table in his chambers, smiling and laughing at the jokes Edward told. He of course sat at the head on a great oak throne and she was to the right of him.

He'd returned from a fishing trip with his favoured courtiers that day and was regaling them with tales of his adventures, of the monsters he'd sought to catch.

"Did you really see a sea serpent, Father?" Dickon exclaimed, staring in complete awe at the King.
"Of course I did, lad!" He replied, nodding to his son "It was great and green with teeth of pearly white stained with the blood of his prey!"
"Is that what brought you home to me a day early?" Constance teased and he grinned, though in the candlelight, she caught beads of sweat glistening on his brow and neck.

Reaching up, she placed a hand to his forehead, shocked at how he burned, like hot coals, but Edward only chuckled and pulled it away, kissing and holding it in his own.
"Perhaps you should rest, I could fetch your physician?" She whispered but he only shook his head.

"What medicine could I possibly need when I have you by my side, sweetheart?"
Her lips pressed into a thin line but the corners curved with a soft smile all the same and she nodded her acquiescence, turning back to the table.
"I see Charlie is enjoying his meal?"
James grinned at her observation, holding the young Prince on his lap and feeding him his soup with a silver spoon.

"Yum yum!" Charlie chortled, clapping and his family laughed, making him giggle "Yum! Yum! Yum!"
"It's a wonder you've been able to taste it, Charlie!" Aliénor grinned at her baby brother "Half of it is on your face and the other half down your gown!"
"He's fighting his first battle, Ally" Edward asserted, finishing his own soup "Although I'm not so sure he's winning!"

"Yes he is, Father!" Dickon called "He's a York and Yorks always wins!" The King let out a bark of laughter, tossing his head back before looking to his second son, nodding with pride.
"That we do lad. We always win in the end. Ah my monster catch!" He announced as a troupe of servants entered, carrying a great silver dish with a ginormous trout atop it, surrounded by vegetables and slathered in sauce. The table applauded him, the girls gasping as the fish was set down, marvelling at its size.

"From your boasts, Father, I half expected an army to bring it in!" Isabella teased and Edward chuckled.
"Princess Isabella will be having a small portion for that remark!"
"And I'll be having yours!" She returned "as you've clearly had too many of late!" The whole table laughed with her and her Father grinned.