𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐿𝑋𝑋𝐼𝑉

~Consequences~

~Consequences~

Westminster Palace....

"Gone? What do you mean, gone?" Arthur demanded, staring at the measly little man knelt before him in his reception chamber. His face was a picture of thunder, eyes clouded with rage.

If there was one thing other than his looks he'd inherited from his Father, it was his rage, more powerful than any storm and deadlier than a knife at full force, although, his was far swifter to rise than Edward's had been; he was not a man of patience and refused to be denied what he wanted.

Perhaps that was the effect of his upbringing, his Mother giving him anything and everything he wanted, telling him he was God's gift to mankind, a precious diamond through and through.

Elizabeth sat by the hearth but a few paces behind, watching the Duke of Buckingham with poison in her blue eyes; slender fingers sliding along the golden links of her necklace, decorated with every jewel under the sun, the black fur cuffs of her rich purple gown brushing her throat. She needed no words to portray her disappointment, nay, her indignation at the Duke's failure to retrieve her enemy's boys.

She'd needed those two boys, two sons. They would solidify her victory, her power. Hissing out a sigh, she drummed her free fingers on the elaborate arm of her chair, watching Buckingham tremble under Arthur's mighty gaze. She'd taught him to be fearsome and fearsome he was in a cloth of crimson doublet and golden chain of office. The very image of his Father but with her blood running through his veins too.

He was nothing but perfect.

"They were right under your nose" He spat "Right on the other side of that fucking door and you let them get away! I wanted my brothers, Buckingham, and you promised to bring them to me"

"It was her!" Buckingham stammered "Queen..." He flinched at his own words, seeing Elizabeth narrow her eyes out of the corner of his; corrected himself "Lady Constance convinced me that she would...."
"And you believed her?" She cried, standing quicker than a flash of lightning.
"His grace sent me with terms, my Lady the King's Mother! He ordered me to offer them to her!"
"And then collect her sons once she was convinced!" Arthur yelled. Buckingham shuddered.

"And I obeyed, your grace!" He tried "She bade my men leave me then gave me entry into sanctuary. I looked and looked but they were not there. She said they were gone and I returned straight to you!"

"The bitch is not stupid" Elizabeth said, beginning to pace behind her son "I should've known she would've found a way for them to escape, I should've seen it! We were fools to think that she would not smell danger through our bait! I told you she would!"
Arthur huffed, flicking his hand at the kneeling man.