Taking A Important Trip

"D-daddy it hurts. I want my nu-nu." Archie said with tears going down his cheek.

"I know monkey. Can you tell me what happened?" Harry had a idea on what happened but he wanted to check incase he was incorrect.

Archie took a deep breath and said "Me was trying to do the bars b-because me want to be a b-big boy. But t-then me fell." Harry's heart hurt. It was all because he wanted to be a big boy. How was he going to tell Louis?

"Okay monkey. I am going to tell papa to come and get us. Sound good?" Archie nodded his head. Harry picked him up off the floor and placed him in the bench. He called Louis. "Hey, Archie was playing at the park and fell off the bars. Can you bring us to the doctor?" He waited for Louis to respond.

"Sure I am leaving now. Did he hurt anything?" Louis wasn't too worried because he was used to Archie hurting or falling. It was a thing that toddlers do.

"Yeah he hurt his elbow. It looks swollen." After that was said he saw Louis pull up. Harry hung up and picked up Archie.

"Hey monkey. Daddy told me that you fell off the bars." Louis told his son who was whimpering while Harry buckles him into his car seat.

Archie nods his head. Louis felt bad for his son. It looked like he was in a lot of pain. "We're going to take you to the doctor and they are going to see how bad you hurt the arm, okay?" Harry said as he buckles himself into the passenger side of the car.

"Otay. Can me have my nu-nu please?" Archie was allowed to have his pacifier outside of the house if he was hurt or if his parents knew it was going to be a long ride. Harry reached back and gives his son his pacifier. Archie put his pacifier into his mouth, the only sound that was in the car was Archie's whimpers and the radio.

Once they arrived at the hospital Louis went to get Archie out of the car. He knew his son was not only in pain but sleepy. Archie put his head in the crook of Louis neck. He was whimpering, with his cheeks still being wet. Louis patted his son's back trying to sooth him.

Inside the hospital Harry signed them in and sat next to his husband and his son. He could only think that this is his own fault. He decided to take Archie to the park. He wasn't watching where Archie was. It was obvious his fault.

"Archie Tomlinson?" The nurse called, Mr. Holden. Harry and Louis both stud up, Louis holding his son in his arms. "Please follow me into exam room 28."

"Can I ask what is the reason to be here?" Mr. Holden asks when everyone is sat.

"Archie was playing at the playground and I swear I was watching him. I looked away for a second and he was on the ground. From what he told me, he fell from the bars." Harry said trying to get the thought out of his head of it being his fault.

"May I take a look?" Mr. Holden asks. Harry and Louis both nod. Mr. Holden takes a look at Archie's arm. He nods his head seeing it looks swollen. "It looks to be broken. But to make sure we will do an x-ray okay?"

Louis kisses the top of his son's head. He knew what it felt like to break a bone. "Okay, whatever you can do please do it." Louis said looking at Mr. Holden.

A x-ray later and in fact Archie did break his arm. They were given pain meds for the boy. Archie's arm was in a cast. It looked so uncomfortable, but Harry and Louis knew that it would be the only way to heal his arm. Discharged from the hospital, the group of boys made their way home. When they arrived Harry looked back to see Archie asleep. Harry carried the sleeping boy into the house and walked to his bedroom. He thought his son looked uncomfortable in his clothing so he changed him into some pajamas.

Kissing the top of Archie's head and saying a good night Harry left the door ajar

Kissing the top of Archie's head and saying a good night Harry left the door ajar. Harry walked into his and Louis bedroom, see Louis is laying down. He changed into some pajamas himself and laid down. He knew Louis was still awake. So he decided to talk about today.

"I'm sorry." Harry said as the tears rolled down his cheeks.

"What are you sorry for, baby?" Louis was generally confused. What was Harry sorry for?

"I'm sorry that I talked to you in a tone and about Archie's arm. I should of been a responsible adult and looked after my son. I-i am sorry that I w-want another kid. I'm sorry t-that I am not be a c-caring husband." Harry was fully on crying now.

Louis rolled over looking at his husband's face. With the palms of his thumbs he wiped away the tears. "Nothing is to be sorry for. Nothing you could of done differently would of changed the outcome. Today was a scary but an adventure. Yes Harry, Archie is hurt but it was taken care of. You my lovely husband are no to be ashamed of how you care for me. You understand?"

Harry nodded cuddling into Louis. He was slowly drifting off to sleep. Louis murmured "You are still getting punished though." Harry nodded his head. He would take the punishment over getting yelled at.

The next morning Harry went to check on Archie because he was sleeping later than his usual. He walked I to the child's bedroom to see him still asleep. Harry smiled a little and walked up to Archie's bed. He knew he needed to wake him up but he looked so peaceful.

Leaving the room to go to the closet. In the closet there was this Yo Gabba Gabba toy figures. It was originally for a Christmas present. Harry figured it would be a good time to give it to his son for being good while at the doctors.

Harry walked back into the bedroom to see that Louis was no in here. "I thought that would be a gift from Santa?" Louis questioned.

Harry laughed lightly setting down the toy. He leaned down rubbing Archie's back. Archie's eyes fluttered open, looking around the room he was glad to see his daddy and papa. "Hi Papa. His Daddy." Archie waved his non-casted in the air towards his parents.

"I got you a gift for being such a good boy while at the doctors monkey." Archie's eyes enlarged. He scooted towards the box. Naming all of the characters that was in it.

"How about so brekie? You can bring your new toys also." Louis was glad to see his little monkey happy again. With that they made their way to the kitchen.