Xiao oneshot: Sylph

Your chin rested in the palm of your hand, staring at lit up skies. It looked like...there was nothing beautiful enough to describe it, that what you thought so far. You peeked at the person standing meters away from you, he had a beautiful profile. His appearance reminded you of someone, you saw tons of people when you laid eyes on him. He had that black dark green hair with teal strands, shimmering golden eyes, colorful clothing and a serious to emotionless expression. He was very pleasant to look at, his physical features attracted you but never in hell would you aboard a stranger for that.

Xiao ticked, your gaze was starting to bother him, he turned toward your direction" quit stari-" his sentence got cut short as just a breeze greeted him. No one was there, just the scenery, you looked at him again but from the roof. He took a look over his shoulder but again nothing was there, you were long gone. Flying in night azur, taking in the feeling of the fresh wind, observing the ocean below you, the lantern in the skies reflecting in the waters. A pair of amber eyes laid on you, those iris belonged to certain god. He seemed to have an interest in creatures like you, creatures that were unknown to the human eye. He liked observing how free they seemed, keyword; seemed.

In reality, they were locked up, people who 'sinned' and were locked up in a body of white smoke able to turn into a slightly human looking form. But, they were old souls bound to stay locked up in this immortal body, most were from Khaenri'ah, they escaped the fate of hillichurls for a much worse punishment. Did the seven archons know this?no, did the celestial god know this?yes.

The top of your head pointed upwards floating higher and higher until you let yourself fall. Taking in the only sweet feeling you knew, the wind, before hitting the water you flipped your body around. This was the only thing that felt right to do, fly around and let others live their life without burdening them. That was a similar mindset to a certain adepti...

But did you know that this specific sylph, it much older than the few others. It was created with teyvat, it witnessed everything, the archon war, the destruction of Khaenri'ah, the arrival of the traveler and his depart still chasing his sister.

But what if go back to the destruction of Khaenri'ah..

You watched from high up in the azur, who should you side with? Almost every soldier was down, you didn't have the time to react that every soldier was now lifelessly laying on the dirty ground. On your impulsive thought, your body of smoke and mist plunged down, causing a great gust of wind. But approaching the  ground you slowed down, slowly floating around, passing by some of the gods silently examining some of the bodies. You ran your fingers up the face of one of them, most of the legendary being that were left alive all looked curiously. The person's body you ran your finger started turning to smoke, floating up and taking its flight in the infinite and fake sky. Some more went up and before they knew it, you too were gone only celestia knows how far.

You kept on floating around the ocean, until you saw that something huge come out of the ocean. A storm forming up, you quickly flew towards it but something stopped you, it was an adepti. You easily escaped its grasp, flying at your quickest toward the creature, you easily vaught the attention of the monster. It tried to catch you, for the humans it was biting in the void, but it managed to catch a bit of you changing your form and throwing you on the jade chamber next to alatus. You barely made it back up, releasing some kind of smoke to lure that monster away. But it kind of threw you in a dazed state, xiao and the adepti for sure recognized you but you only knew alatus. That from staring a bit at him in wangshuu inn. Even though you wanted to live a peaceful life and becoming his friend, you knew you could never....