1

dcc.

"Honesty and trust become the foundation for everything in a successful marriage

"Honesty and trust become the foundation for everything in a successful marriage. But unlike most of the other essentials on this list, trust takes time. You can become selfless, committed, or patient in a moment, but trust always takes time."

I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face listening to my sister preach her face off wondering where my marriage went wrong. It's been so long since I've felt safe and secure with Greg. His countless business trips, meetings, late night phone calls, and etc. has been taking a toll on me.

"Safety, Faithfulness, Commitment and Reliability are 4 pillars of trust every marriage needs. If any one of these is missing, the roof starts caving in and the relationship starts to deteriorate. Marriages thrive when both partners feel safe and secure." Karen said

I wish I could live blissful in ignorance but I just know something ain't right. He doesn't even touch me anymore and when he looks at me I always see glints of regret in his eyes.

I know...

I finally snapped out of my thoughts when Karen called us up to sing with her. I let the music consume me and just did what I do best.

-

After another hour, church was finally over. I've been having this gut feeling that something was wrong all day. My mood was already shifted so I don't feel like being bothered to talk to all these people after service. I tried to hurry and make a beeline to my car but one of the church mother's stopped me.

"Hey how you doing today baby?" Mother Bettie asked.

I put on a fake smile and said "I'm doing pretty good today mother, just slight cramps you know"

"I know how that feels" she said laughing.

"Well hurry and get home so that husband of yours can take care of you"

I laughed, if only she knew. "Yes ma'am, nice talking to you"

I walked off and got settled in my car.

Green Eyes by Erykah Badu started playing once I crunk it up.

"Ouuu this my shit! Sorry Lord" I sung along to the song while driving home.

"I'm insecure
But I can't help it
My mind says "move on"
My heart lags behind
But I don't love you anymore
I'm so insecure
Never knew that love did this
Ooh ooh ooh"

I let my mind wander the whole way home while I just had this nagging feeling in the bottom of my gut. I tried to muster up the nerve to prepare for whatever was going to happen. Mattie Moss always told me to trust your gut because it'll never lead you awry.

After the short 30 minute drive I finally reached the home my husband and I shared. I noticed my best friend's car was here, which is weird because she knew I was at church today.

I got out and creeped into my house. The smell was a little off and clothes were everywhere.

"Now I know damn well this ain't what I think it is" I thought

I heard a bump coming from the bedroom and just slightly chuckled while getting my gun.

"These bitches got me fucked up forreal."

I held my breath and opened my bedroom door to see my husband giving my best friend the most passionate back strokes while whispering sweet nothings in her ear.

"I love you so much Kim, I'll do anything for you" he said.

I couldn't do nothing but laugh. They still didn't notice me. I shot my gun a little above their heads.

Immediate tears; on both ends

"Oh what's wrong? Y'all were having the time of your lives just a couple minutes ago."

"I'm so sorry Doe" my friend said. "He came onto me"

"It's not what it looks like baby. I was just giving her a massage" my husband said

I just smiled. "You both have 5 minutes to get the fuck out my house or it's gonna be some fish fry's and sad singing come Saturday."

Kim rushed out knowing that I wasn't playing. Greg tried to test his luck and talk to me. I shot and grazed his arm.

"The next time I won't miss my love"

He grabbed his items and cried on the way out.

"The rest of your shit will be at your nearest goodwill or in ashes one." I yelled as the door closed.

I grabbed a bottle of Crown Apple and sat on the couch laughing. I'm not even shocked, just mad I got caught slacking.

"Oh what a day this has been" I said while sipping on my glass.

- hey 🤭❤️
How was the first chapter guys?
I know it was a little short 😣
Questions?
Please comment and vote 💓
Love y'all and thank you so much!