26|Offline

Sunday, April 8

By the second day, Jiang Cheng was completely and thoroughly drained and depleted of the will to live. If there was one thing that he was completely sure of after this trip was that:

He and Meng Yao,

are not

compatible,

at all.

His case in point:

Meng Yao likes to do a bit of light reading before bed.

That itself was fine. However- through even a single sliver of light- Jiang Cheng wouldn't be able to sleep- a curse on bedside lamps. Jiang Cheng lay there like a chunk of wood with his eyes shut as tightly as possible, facing the wall, and after what seemed like an entirety, he can still discern a faint glow behind his closed eyelids. Yet he couldn't hear the occasional flipping of a book anymore. At last Jiang Cheng couldn't tolerate it any more- to hell with manners! He abruptly sat up and whirled his head in Meng Yao's direction- about to give the other a piece of his mind- when he realized the man had fallen asleep.

"..." Oh, for fuck sake.

Jiang Cheng slowly slid off his bed and tread quietly to Meng Yao's side of the room. He got to their bedside and slowly reached out a hand to the lamp. He glanced at Meng Yao to see their unblinking eyes staring right at him.

"HOLY SHIT-" Jiang Cheng let out an undignified scream and fell back- landing on the painfully rigid floorboard. Heart thumping loudly in his chest, he thinks his soul had left his body through his mouth.

Meng Yao sat up and rubbed the side of his forehead. He looked at Jiang Cheng warily, "What are you doing?"

What was he doing, what was he doing?! Jiang Cheng retorted indignantly, "I was going to turn your stupid lamp light off!"

"..." Meng Yao reached out and pulled the light cord- the room plunged into nothingness. "This?" Meng Yao's voice floated out from the eternal void.

"..."

"Yeah..."

Jiang Cheng then proceeded to stub his toe on the bed's edge while trying blindly to find it.

Oh, oh, how this could've been avoided if he shared a room with Xichen-ge!!

"Good morning, Qing-jie, good morning, Er-ge, good morning, everyone."

Meng Yao greeted everyone at the table before turning to Jiang Cheng and smiling brightly, "Good morning, Jiang Wanyin." Then he turned around before Jiang Cheng could make a reply and started eating.

"..." Jiang Cheng sat there, dumbfounded at the guy, till Nie Mingjue, who was sitting next to him, offered him the butter plate. But Jiang Cheng declined politely, having lost his appetite. And then he caught Lan Xichen's eyes and the older gave him a smile and Jiang Cheng picked up his fork. Stuffing a bite of toast in his mouth, he wanted to cry, it seemed like forever since he had gotten a genuine smile.

He ate the rest of the food, occasionally glancing at Meng Yao, who ate in complete silence throughout the entire breakfast. It was odd, Jiang Cheng doesn't get him. The man gives off somber vibes when he isn't smiling. Well, maybe it was just the absence of those dimples. Jiang Cheng shrugged it off.