31|Offline

A/N: hello, sorry this chapter took a while to get out, i was at a family reunion in New York for a week. But author's back now so enjoy this new chap :D

Monday, April 16

Jiang Cheng was walking alongside the school campus when Xingchen and Huaisang swooped in like a pair of vultures to his side. The two grabbed his arms.

"Hey, Cheng, let us walk you to class today!"

"How are ya doing, Cheng?"

"What do you turds think you are doing?? Let go of me!"

Startled, Jiang Cheng tried to struggle out of their grasp.

Xingchen smiled and gripped his arm tighter. "Come on, Cheng, I'm hurt. How can you call me a turd? I only wanted to walk you to class. I'm your friend!"

"Yeah, Cheng! I bet if it was your Xichen-ge, you wouldn't have called him a piece of shit," Huaisang piped up.

"Come on, let's just walk to class together because we are your friends." Huaisang and Xingchen smiled widely at him in sync.

Jiang Cheng felt goosebumps raised on his skin.

Creeped out, he asked, "What are you guys doing? Did Wei Wuxian put you up to this?"

Xingchen and Huaisang's facade nearly broke off for a moment. As expected, when it comes to his older brother, Jiang Cheng's intuition is very good!

"What nooo," Huaisang laughed nervously. "Bro, why are you being so weird, we just want to walk you to class!"

"Exactly! Let us go now, we can even talk about Lan Xuezhang on the way!" Xingchen said cheerfully.

Jiang Cheng was speechless. You guys are the weird ones!

Before Huaisang and Xingchen could drag him away, there was a shout.

"Jiang- Jiang Wanyin!"

They turned around to see a person hurrying toward them. Xingchen and Huaisang quickly dropped Jiang Cheng's arms before they could be accused of attempting to kidnap a fellow student.

The person reached them and gasped for air for a moment before looking directly at Jiang Cheng.

"Hi! Remember me?"

"..."

Jiang Cheng looked at them and the person did look familiar as if he had seen them somewhere before but he couldn't figure out where. Pretty almond eyes paired with unnaturally pink cheeks and upturned lips, the person's feminine features could have them mistaken for a girl. And then it hits Jiang Cheng- who they were and why he hadn't recognized them early.

"Are you wearing makeup?"

Jiang Cheng blurted out bluntly.

It wasn't until Xingchen smacked him lightly on the arm that he realized how rude that sounded.

Mo Xuanyu blushed and asked anxiously, "Is- is it obvious?"