34|Offline (final)

Saturday, April 21

Wei Wuxian woke up after a sunbeam slid past through a slit between his curtains and pummel his face. Lan Wangji was not there to wake him up so the sun decided to take matters into its own hands.

Wei Ying sat up groggily and yawned. Blinking the sleep from his eyes, he managed to drag himself to the bathroom. There, he almost fell asleep again while brushing his teeth.

He then bumbled downstairs and sat at the counter. He sighed and propped an elbow on the counter, missing his Wangji. Lan Zhan was attending a robotics competition with his teammates in Luoyang and would be away the entire weekend. How could Wei Ying possibly survive without him?!

Wei Wuxian sighed again and twirled the flower that was in a glass vase on the counter. Then he pushed it aside and flopped his head onto the surface, sighing for the nth time. He heard sizzling and looked up.

Someone was making pancakes by the stove.

Lan Xichen looked over and smiled, "Good evening, Wuxian, would you like some blueberry pancakes?"

"Ooo, don't mind if I do- wait, Xichen-ge?! What are you doing here?" Wei Wuxian's eyes widened and he nearly fell off his stool.

Lan Xichen was about to respond-

"Xichen-ge,"

Jiang Cheng hurried down the stairs and hopped into Lan Xichen's arms. Lan Xichen beamed and hugged him back, "Wanyin," he said.

Wei Wuxian just sat there with his mouth agape as the two hugged, completely ignoring his existence. Even when he let out a cough, Jiang Wanyin only hummed, continuing to clutch the back of Lan Xichen's shirt, and said, "Xichen-ge, have I ever mentioned, I love the way you smell, you smell amazing."

Lan Xichen was surprised, mostly because the younger don't usually say this kind of thing (it's usually himself) but he went along with it, "Oh my, Wanyin, you shouldn't say that and not expect a reaction," he teased.

But Jiang Cheng was exceptionally naughty today and he hopped onto Xichen, wrapping his legs around the older's hips and hugging his neck. He nuzzled his face in the crook of Lan Xichen's neck and hummed.

Lan Xichen gulped and stroke Jiang Cheng's hair. He was about to kiss the latter when Wei Wuxian loudly slammed his hands on the counter.

"OKAY, THAT'S ENOUGH!"

Wei Wuxian hollered. He breathed heavily as the two turned their heads to stare at him innocently. Wei Ying sank into his seat and covered his face with his hands.

"Stop, if you two don't... I could never look at you the same way ever again, Xichen-ge..."

Wei Ying choked out a sob.

"..."

Jiang Cheng huffed. "Stop being overdramatic."

His legs and arms tightened their clasp on Lan Xichen's waist and nape, looking considerably like a koala bear clutching onto its favorite tree. Jiang Cheng scowled at his brother,

"You do this all the time with Lan Wangji!"

"Well, yes and more," Wei Wuxian shamelessly sniffed and theatrically placed a hand over his forehead, "But you are my little brother! And you, you Xichen-ge, is Wangji's older brother, his role model! How could I witness this and not have any apologies to the heavens above watching us!"