Finished

...(TW ⚠️‼️ torture and abuse mentions)

"You tell me, Japan. Who's really the villain here?"
Midoriya grinned, putting the papers down and looking at the camera.
There was no denying what he had read, all of it was absolutely true.

"these plans of theirs have already been in place for years now, they just never got to complete them.
Hawks is a living example of a kid trained by the commission to become a weapon of mass destruction.

Hawks, would you like to explain what exactly happened there?"
Midoriya asked, turning the attention to Hawks who was expressionless and splattered in blood.

He cleared his throat, "everything he said was true.
It's why I betrayed the commission.

I was brought into the commission when I was 7.
And from that point on, my life there was a living hell.

I was tattooed with a number just behind my ear, the number represents ranking among potential.
I was given 1, the highest ranking possible."
He paused, revealing the tattoo for all to see.

"it meant that I had the highest probability of becoming an unstoppable weapon to use at their disposal.

From the moment I was brought in, everyday was a new kind of pain.

I was 7 and forced to endure 65 painful lashes to my back and legs.
Why?
Because I asked why they were throwing another kid into a torture chamber.

We weren't allowed to ask questions.
I didn't know that at the time.
Questions were seen as a form of rebellion and retaliation.

That wasn't all that was done.

Sure, you learn not to ask questions, but that doesn't stop the torture.
If you make a single mistake during training protocol, you get lashed 10 times.
If you don't correct yourself after the first 3 sets of 10 lashes, you get thrown in the isolation chamber.
You become separated from everyone for a solid week, left with minimal food and water, forced to sleep on the cold concrete ground.

After a week they pull you out, but it doesn't end there.
To prevent any potential attacks, they cuff you with electric bracelets or collars.

They placed mine on my wings, they're extremely sensitive.
If I were to make a single mistake from that point onward, they'd activate the shockers for 4 minutes straight.

Alright, now you've learned not to make a mistake during protocol, the torture should be over right?

Wrong.

If you're found crying, upset, angry, or in distress of any sort, you get thrown in the torture chamber where they beat the emotions out of you.
They do all sorts of things until you learn not to cry even when faced with the utmost pain.

If later down the line, you regain those emotions, they throw you back in there again.

It's a constant cycle, one that never ends, until the child turns 18 where they should become the perfect tool of use.

But that's just what they do when you make a mistake, that's not even the training.
The training is worse.

You're forced to work your body to the bone, force your quirk to it's very limit, and over strain your body to make it stronger.
Later, they have you fight the other kids to the death.

Killing was a norm there, and if anyone died it would be because they were deemed to be weak and there would be no repercussions.
Once all the weak were weeded out, killing was put to a stop.
But it didn't change the fact that we had to kill our own peers or die ourselves.
Some people even had to kill their very own best friends.