Chapter One - A new Dawn

I had always found such peace in the dawn, the small moment of time that birds wake and enjoy the world without us. They come to me, as I sit in the lofty branches of my home, the oak, and they sing to me their joys and their sorrows. Birds bring me news from far away lands, from the depths of the forest, to the shores of the isles, from lakes, to moors and the steep climbs of the mountains.

I have nurtured my relationship with the creatures and the animals of my kingdom, long before I met the Fae I would come to rule over.

I sit in counsel with the birds at dawn, the animals of the forest at dusk, and those of the night, by darkness.

I am Rowan, Queen of Olamoore, ruler and monarch... but I am also the faithful servant of my people... and those that live among us. The natural world. My greatest hidden strength, it is not my born ability of magic, nor my wife Andromeda with our combined power... it is the hidden army at my back, that nobody knows I'm nurturing, day and night. My army take flight, my eyes are everywhere, and every corner of the kingdoms... my touch... it reaches. So yes, I am Rowan, Queen of Olamoore... but I am, in actual fact, everywhere!

They feared my reach for my entire existence, fearing a Queen that would overthrow their kingdoms and go to war to rule them all, but I have been inside of every kingdom for many a moon... my desire has never been to rule them all.

Let's be clear though, if I wanted to... I would have already.

Jupiter, she would be a different story entirely.

The kingdoms would be waking to news sent from the Oak and sealed with my personal Royal seal. In the letter would be news of a Princess, an heir, and an invitation to welcome her after the summit at a ball hosted by myself and Andromeda. Every first born to a Queen was welcomed by their parents and the world with an elaborate ball.

Despite my Father and Willow, wishing for me to hide her, and my Fathers fear for her future... I couldn't let my child live that way. I wouldn't rule my kingdom with fear.

Princess Jupiter would be known by her people, and free to live openly within our walls. I wanted my child to be free of the restraints and loneliness that I had felt for far too long.

I was one of three Fae who knew of her power, well actually four if you counted Sycamore and the umpteen times he's been at the mercy of my child's power the last week or so. I mean, you had to laugh... she had no idea how strong she was, nor how small he was.

Sycamore had barely survived Andromedas burning gaze the last weeks... but the fact he was now guardian to the next generation, and working from the nursery with no relief or end in sight... willingly...it was a gesture I appreciated.

Sycamore was many things, and he had made many mistakes... but I didn't think I would be able to look in that stupidly cute yet horrifyingly ugly goblins eyes and take his life from him. Andromeda was waiting in the wings to end him, and each day I wondered if news would come that she had succeeded whilst I wasn't looking. However, Jupiter loved him, and Andromeda would die for that child, we all would, and so if she had to suffer Sycamore ... for Jupiter... I knew she would.

Basically, the only thing keeping Sycamore alive was the five year old Princess shielding him, with her overbearing love, no sense of personal space and arms flung so tightly around his neck you could see the veins bulging out of his tightly buttoned, collared shirt.

Sycamore was destined for a life of service ... to one defiant Princess after another.

Eris had sniggered "At least in the nursery all the furniture fits him..."

***
"Why are you up with the morn" Andromeda whispered as she placed her warm hands over my shoulders from behind.

The smile that lifted my cheeks as I placed my hands on hers was a contented one. I threw my head back and gazed up toward her. She bent down and placed a kiss upon my forehead. "I don't like waking to find you gone... tell me... I'm new to this... Will my Queen make a habit of it"

I release her hands and stand, taking her arms and drawing them up around my neck as I brought her against my night dress, which in turn pressed her skin against mine. The heat of her, it thrilled me.

"Your wife will always wake with the morn my darling... now that she is Queen...but if you ask me to stay... I'm not sure I could ever leave" I answer, before tasting her sweet and plump lips and placing a kiss.

"Then I shall not ask it. I would hate to be selfish... because if I had the power to force you to stay I am not sure I wouldn't weaponise it and keep you all to myself"

Her fingers curl through my hair at my neck and a shiver runs down my flesh. Her smile is a knowing one as she regards the goose bumped flesh of my bared shoulder.

"You liked that" she asks teasingly, placing a kiss to the nape of my neck.

I couldn't ever hide the way she made me feel. Of course I liked that!! The thought of her taking control... in all of the right ways.

I run my hand down between us and place my palm down over the glow that exists there in her rising belly "I learnt to control my wants and desires ... a week ago... with this unexpected glow"

She sighed and leant her head against my shoulder, her lips grazing my skin softly "you won't ever touch me again will you" she whispered frustratedly.

I let out a little amused laugh and pulled her closer. "I'm touching you right now aren't I"

"Rowan you threw me against a wall last week ... this is... not the same"

"Andy, it's not forever. We just have to postpone our wild first months and years of marriage for later is all"

She leant back, her hand releasing my neck as her fingers softly ran up my chin tenderly, dancing along my jaw as her green eyes lit up to meet mine. "I cant wait for that day. You're not going to be scared though are you Ro... to touch me like that with your magic... incase we create again"

I cup her cheek and nuzzle her nose with mine "no... so stop worrying. As soon as Leda arrives and you are ready... i'll be waiting. I promise not to imprint ... if you agree to the same"

"Deal" she whispered happily before kissing me hard. "Now let's return to Jupiter"

I smiled "Yes, Willow is due today. Let us have a family gathering organised for her first night with us. Jupiter can't wait to see her"

"Good idea my Queen" Andromeda agreed, taking my hand as we walked back into the branch. "What the princess wants... the princess gets"

***
Rowan will RULE.

Andromeda will FIGHT

Jupiter will RISE

Leda will COMMAND

A new Dawn

A seventh kingdom

A new enemy

A fresh fight

A secret army takes flight

And so it begins...

*Coming in 2024*