𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

"Marina" Steve's soft voice was up to my ear, though I simply pushed him away. It was still early in the morning and I needed rest after a night like the one we had. "Marina"

"Mm, what? I'm tired" I groan, pulling the covers over my head. As much as I would love to cuddle with Steve and spend our morning in bed together talking, that could wait two hours that I still needed for sufficient sleep.

"The phones ringing"

"Then answer it"

"This isn't my house why would I answer your phone?" I turn to face Steve, burying my head in his chest as that was what helped me fall asleep last night and would surely work again.

"I give you permission, Steve. Now please answer it and let me sleep" I pick up the phone, holding it up to Steve's ear so he could grab it and stop that godawful ringing.

"H-Hello" I couldn't help but laugh softly at Steve's horrible accent, though that laughter would soon come to bite me in the ass. "Marina?"

"Ugh, what?" Steve held the phone out to me, his entire demeanour changing as his body froze up.

"It's your cousin" Oh fuck. He must be joking.

"What?!" I rip the phone out of Steve's grasp, unintentionally straddling his lap to get closer to the receiver. "Pacho?"

"Who the hell was that?!" I groan internally, not wanting to worry about what Pacho could do to Steve if he found out about the events of last night. I was lucky I was a good liar.

"It's a friend of mine. A med school friend that Mia decided to bring along to our sleepover. Her boyfriend actually" Pacho hardly knew Mia other than the times she would come over to my place, so it was no surprise he believed me.

"Why did he answer the phone?"

"He just happened to because I was asleep. Jeez, I swear you are turning more overprotective by the day" I chuckle, trying my best to divert Pachos attention from Steve. "Wait, how'd you even know I was at this house?"

"My security system"

"Well, that definitely makes me feel trusted. So, what'd you call for?" I finally relax my body, resting my head in the crook of Steve's neck.

"How did the interview go?"

"Oh! I should be hearing back later today actually. I'll call you then and I'll head back to get my stuff...or move back in"

"No, it's going to be to get your stuff. You'll get that job"

"What did you do?" I ask, weary of Pacho's tone of voice. "Did you blackmail or bribe?"

"I didn't do either. I know how good of a nurse you are and if they don't give you that job then they're stupid"

"Wow, look at you being all supportive" I gush jokingly, earning a groan from Pacho.

"Don't make me regret it"

"Yeah, Yeah, whatever. Well look I have to go, but I'll call later" I place the phone back on the receiver before Pacho could even say goodbye, wrapping my arms around Steve's neck. "Sorry, everything's fine don't worry"

"I'm not gonna get followed back to my apartment, right?" Steve joked though it felt like some worry was lying underneath.

"No, don't worry. I diverted that crisis so Pacho just thinks you're a good friend" I explain, pulling Steve to hover over me, resting my back on the soft silk sheets. "Now since my sleep was rudely interrupted how about we spend some time together, hm?"