Preface: A Past Too Sad to Tell

The past year for David Reeves had been... Riveting, to put it loosely. Fitting with his life's theme of crazy occurrences and reunions, David and Elizabeth's older Zeuson half-brother Jason Reeves had appeared on his doorstep. David and his sister hadn't seen their big brother for so long; not since the Odinson Genocide. David morbidly laughed while thinking of the event. Jason invented the term "jockstrap incident" that night. It was funny now, but, back then, it was horrifying and they almost got caught.

Jason looked at his little brother and vice versa. The first time seeing each other in several lifetimes. And how does Jason greet David? Hey, David? How have you been? It's been way too long. We need to catch up immediately.

Nope. Jason greets David by attacking him, of course. What? Reader, did you expect anything different?

After that little family dispute, the three siblings caught up and the events just got weirder and weirder.

The very next month, the house was attacked by a human centipede, a mutated rhino, Cyclops, and the manticore that is known to the mortals as Bill O'Riley (No it's not as interesting as it sounds and you're better off not hearing it (And don't worry. Lizzy put him down)).

The next month, they had a tournament. And David won, of course. But, because the universe didn't ever want to give him a break (and didn't have a good idea of actual pacing when plotting his life), he and the mortals were attacked by several drakons.

A few days later, Jason was gone, along with the scroll David's father - Odin - gave him that was filled with abilities for Zeusons and Odinsons that could only be used by those suited for the particular skill and had been personally been given the scroll by one of the gods. Through that scroll, David unlocked his special pyrokinetic skill and had been training. Now, he had no idea what abilities to focus on for his rainbow powers. And what made things worse was that he got I-Told-You-So looks from his big sister. She had told him that Jason was up to something, which he wrote off as her being her normal Trust no one new self, which, if you knew her well, you'd think that too. And then Jason stole from him, vanished, and Lizzy was actually right for once, which she was more than happy to rub in his face for the next few days. 

There were at least thirty more, incredibly annoying events that happened that year (David really hoped '14 was better), the one that took the cake was that Jamie was kidnapped by Zeus. David and his friends led a hike on Mount Olympus - literally. Mount Olympus hovers over the tallest building in the US - the United Nation Building (not the one you're thinking of) and so they had to scale the building, trying to ignore the numerous onlooking mortals. And what was Zeus and the gods' reasoning behind this kidnapping. Jamie "getting too friendly with David". Even now, the reason made David scoff and laugh at the utter ridiculousness. He and Jamie weren't any friendlier than they normally were. Sure, they started spending more time together, normally watching anime/reading manga, watching horrible movies in order to pick them apart and have a good laugh, playing fight games where the prize of winning was a kiss anywhere the winner wanted. And there were a bunch of times they fell asleep and woke up in each others' arms or Jamie would lay on top of him on her stomach and rest her head on his chest, before falling asleep while David rubbed her back (he didn't know why, he just got the feeling Jamie would like him to do that). But they weren't getting friendlier.

David heard the oven ding, which made him focus on that for the next minute. He took a turkey out and placed it on the stove. He checked the time on the microwave and turned off the burner going off under the pot holding the pasta. Yes, he knew turkeys and pasta didn't go together, but Jamie didn't eat meat, so he made spaghetti for her. As he finished the cooking for the others, he thoughts went back to Jamie.