VII: The Uncharitable Wrath of David Reeves

Gaea was slightly surprised by the David's ability to break through her ultimate terrakinetic attack with brute force alone, but this was even more surprising.

Thanks, Dad, David thought.

David was back to his normal self, standing upside down on the huge boulder, looking down at Gaea. His teeth and nails were no longer fangs and claws. His eyes were once again those breath-taking chocolate browns.

Without warning, Gaea's boulder broke apart, forcing David to rely on his Le Parkour to land safely. Even though, he couldn't remember much at the moment, he remembered he had to beat the woman in front of him. However, upon landing, his head once again began screaming in pain. This time it felt like his head was being literally ripped apart. His pupils and irises faded away, leaving only the sclera.

It seems my time is up. My chi has run out. King William III had said in his head.

What? You're leaving already? Aah.

William had suddenly put his hand hard on the top of David's head. He was glowing as his chi vanished.

Hey, cheer up, William had said. You have your friends to guide you, who you unconditionally love and view as your family. Your unshakable resolve to protect and help those in need, enemy or not, is what makes you special to them. I know you have many trials and tribulations ahead of you, and as your father, it saddens me that I won't be able to help you through them.

Odin, you, no one knows the answer! I'm not like you guys, I'm not a genius! I'm- Urg! David had complained like a whiny brat until William put his hand on his head.

Jeg vet du vil finne svaret. Jeg tror på deg, William had said in Norwegian.

I'm glad.

Oh? What about, Ashley?

That I'm your friend and that I got to meet incredible people like you and Lizzy.

Hey, stop that!

Why?

You are going to make me blush.

Hmm, it seems that you aren't pretending. You really can't move, can you, Abby? Gaea's voice said.

Damn it all.

I'm afraid I must end you so you don't become a nuisance to me later.

Raelin! Abby's voice said. Dylan is only unconscious. Go, now! Tell the professors of... Their power.

But, Abby, what about you?

I'll meet you later.

You're lying. I know you are. You'll die if I don't heal you.Idjit, there's nothing you can do.

You may... Have great healing abilities, but... Even you can't regenerate the brain. Besides, if you... Don't, more will be slaughtered. Now, go!

It is okay, Enid, David remembered himself saying. Enid?

Please, David heard himself beg. Please, Amelia, do not die.
I'm sorry, David. His second wife's voice replied.

    "You've left yourself... Wide open. Heh." David didn't recognize this woman's voice.

    "What should I do?" Jamie's voice said. "Help me, David. What can I do?! Don't you leave me here! You can't leave me alone like this. David! I'm not prepared! I don't know how to fight this opponent. She's too strong! I need your help, David. I've never had to face someone this strong before! You've always been there when we've needed you! Well? I need you now!! Please! Please, help me! David! Please!"