CHAPTER 1 - Them.

Valerie was laughing uncontrollably.

She had joined the Equestrian club only a week ago and had already managed to get into a scandal with the biggest jerk in the whole city of Oxford. Sebastian. Osborne.

Apparently he had mixed his riding gloves with hers and when she asked him to return them, he had simply refused because he did not think he was wrong. And in no time, they were bickering like five year olds.

It took at least three people to finally stop them from lunging at each other.

And Valerie being her usual stubborn self didn't easily give up. And so the next day Sebastian's boots magically disappeared. From then on, she's club's "Boot theif".

Brilliant.

And currently, they were just practicing when both of them suddenly got super competitive which resulted in Sebastian crashing into a nearby fence.
His horse was alright, but well, he looked like someone had given his face a high five with a whip. Oops. Not her fault though.

And that's when she started giggling.

Her phone rang, catching her breath she looked at the caller ID. Gemma.

"Hey Val, did you take my watch to Oxfordshire with you?"

"No, it's inside your old Geometry Box."

"How do you know that from miles- found it!"

"Told you. Wait, aren't your finals starting from tomorrow?"

"Right. Thanks for reminding."

"Hey it's not funny! You need to study. Start right now and stop fiddling with your phone." said Valerie, annoyed.

"Okay, okay, cool down. I'll talk to you later then. Bye!"

"Wish you luck!" Valerie replied with a smile and hung up.

Gemma was in high school. She had always been a major part of her life. The day she left Greece, Gem had cried her heart out. Yes, she loved her little sister.

But right now, the man in front of her was rolling in the dry mud and scrutinizing his bruises.

Valerie took one look at him and said, "Well, think before you act Osborne, now go clean yourself up before you lose your temper and blame another thing on me. As far as I know, you were the one who abruptly started chasing after me."

Sebastian rolled his eyes, got up, took his horse and left. No anger outbursts, interesting.

But she did not have time for his stuff she had to return to Cowley, the Gate closes at seven. All the other club members had already left. She looked at her watch. Six-thirty. She had lost track of time trying keeping up with Sebastian's constant feuds.

She quickly packed her stuff and returned the horse to the Barn.

☆♤◇♡◇♧☆

Sebastian felt exhausted.

He had been pressing the same keys on the old piano over and over again for nearly two hours now.

But something about the tune felt wrong. Like it needed to be fixed. He tried again.

Good lord. He needed some sleep. He had even tried to sleep, but his thoughts were banging at his head. And at any moment, he feared they might come out if he doesn't manage to get them out in tunes. And the world would know.

No.

He couldn't let that happen.

He had to work this out. Somehow.