CHAPTER 2 - Dates and desires.

Sebastian was staring at the farthest table in the café.

He had been infact, staring for the last 15 mins. When he had walked inside St. Travis Café, he had not expected to see Valerie with Julian.

They happily chatted as he scrutinised them.

"Excuse me sir, what would you like to order?" a waitress approached him and asked.

"I'll have a cappuccino" he replied shifting his gaze towards the brunette waitress.

"Anything else?"

"No" Sebastian replied plainly.

"Okay, I'm Amelia, call out for me if you need anything else" he nodded, then she left.

He tried to clear his mind of all awkward thoughts. They're just on a date. He told himself. But then again, why had Julian not told him earlier that he had feelings for Valerie? They had been friends since elementary school.

His order arrived. He half-sighed as he took a sip. The delicate taste of milk and coffee beans filled his mouth and he breathed in the smell of caffeine. Nevertheless, it didn't make him feel any better.

Why was he worrying so much about a pair peacefully spending a date night inside a café?

He had never seen Julian being so free and gentlemanly. For the most part, he hardly dated. How could he suddenly be so smooth, like it came to him naturally?

Just as he finished his cup and was about to get up after paying, he caught Valerie's gaze. He shivered ever-so- slightly. Her gaze was connected directly to his eyes. Her expression was unreadable.

He tore away his focus from her and walked outside the cafe. Breathing in the fresh air of Cowley Street.

He had to stop the weird feelings his body couldn't control when he saw her. At the end of the day, she's just a new student at Oxford who willingly stole his boots just to make a total joke of him.

☆♤◇♡◇♧☆

Valerie was fiddling with the plastic straw.

Valerie had texted Julian a couple of weeks ago on agreeing to go on a date with him. They had been going out every week since then. But today she hadn't expected him to bring her to this café. She had discovered this café while wandering around the streets of Cowley. Since then, she'd loved this café.

But then Sebastian had walked in.

Honestly, she didn't feel any effect of his arrival. She was having some cookies and chatting about her family in Greece with Julian when she had suddenly caught Sebastian staring directly at her. Then moments later, he had left.

And now she was having a bottle of soda while walking home with Julian. She had tried to assure him that she was perfectly capable of going home herself but Julian had insisted on buying her a cup of soda and blabbering about stories of his last holiday in Ibiza while walking home.

Also, Valerie had discovered that Julian was staying at a flat not much farther than hers.

"Did you enjoy the night?" Julian suddenly asked.

"Too much" Valerie added with a wide smile.

Julian smiled back in turn. He had a sharp jawline and thin lips, Valerie noticed. But nevertheless, he looked like a primary school kid when he smiled.

"I'll see you at practice, bye" He said, as they reached her flat. Lowly waving his hands.

She waved in return and gave another toothy smile before heading towards the building.