CHAPTER 21 - Memories And Missed Calls.

Valerie gave a soft knock on the wooden door.

She had submitted her applications a few days back, which meant she just had to wait to be called to the Dean's office. She shifted her weight. A minute later a voice answered, "Come in."

She opened the door cautiously. Then stepped inside the office. Dean Evelyn Richardson looked up at her through her horn-rimmed glasses. Then gestured to a nearby chair and said, " You may take a seat."

Valerie obeyed. She scrutinised her for some time as she read through some papers. Then the Dean spoke up again, "I was informed about Professor Brown a while ago. While I was aware of the happenings around Oxford, I was never tempted enough to question my students, not until I received your application. Plagiarism does take place among the youth. So I'll ask you." She paused, then added, "Are you sure that the person you are accusing is actually guilty?"

Valerie nodded, "Yes."

She went on, "You have proof against that person?"

"No, not yet" Valerie replied.

"Do you have any idea how far this case might go?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, and I'm prepared to take as much of the responsibilities as possible." Valerie answered in the affirmative.

"And if you have to enter a court? Mind you, you are not a local. Are you confident about your future?"

Valerie nodded again. Unable to form much words.

Dean Richardson nodded, "Very well, good luck young lady. I hope you successfully stand up against those who have wronged you. I will talk to the Chancellor and handle the rest. May you leave."

Valerie got up from the seat. Muttered a 'thank you' then left.

☆♤◇♡◇♧☆

Valerie drummed her fingers on the table.

He was late. Very late.

She stared at her wristwatch. It had been fifteen minutes past six and she had received no calls or texts all day. She hadn't even noticed him anywhere in the past twenty-four hours. Where the hell was Sebastian?

She finished the black coffee, payed the bill and left.

She had other things on her list. She scrolled through her call lists and rung him again. During the past half an hour, he had left him five missed calls, not wanting to interrupt him, just in case he was going through something important. But he hadn't even called her back.

She cursed under her breath as no one picked up from the other end.

She dialed Julian next, but in vain. He hadn't been around for nearly a week now. Then turned off her phone and walked back to her accommodation.

She'll deal with him later.

☆♤◇♡◇♧☆

Sebastian couldn't sleep.

He had been ignoring all her calls today. Why?

He couldn't answer himself. He replayed the conversation with his brother over the phone this morning.

"Go back to Woodshire, as fast as possible," Felix rasped. His voice had the tone of utter urgency.