CHAPTER 9 - Confusions.

Julian was starting to feel really bored.

When he had come down to check on Felix's progress, he had not thought that the young man would refuse to accept any kind of help. Hence, he had to sit and watch him struggle with the copper wires.
,
Even though he had insisted on switching up their places a hundred times.

"I am good at this stuff" he had said, with a nervous chuckle.

Julian wondered what Valerie and Sebastian were conversing about upstairs.

"Felix, are you not done yet? I had really hoped we could sit for the Thanksgiving dinner around this time." Ivory's voice echoed through the halls. She arrived, checking on her watch.

"Just a few more minutes mum" Felix gave an apologetic look.

"Its alright, take you time and be careful." Ivory added, "I will go call Valerie and Sebastian."

Julian waited. About ten minutes later, his friend and girlfriend climbed down the flight of stairs. Both looked like nervous kids attending preschool for the first time.

"Hey" Valerie said in her surprisingly low voice.

"Hey" Felix and Julian replied in unison.

"Is the electricity coming back anytime soon?" Sebastian threw the question randomly, avoiding Felix's glance. His voice was tight.

"I do not know, Fel-" Julian was cut off by the lights switching back on.

"There it is." Felix said, relief stretched across his face.

"Oh, thank you son" Ivory said, and added, "Come on fast, time is running out. I will arrange the dinner. Oh and Julian, dear, would you mind calling up Fred? He is upstairs.

Julian nodded and went back to the second floor. Fred Osborne had already come out of his room and was headed downstairs. Julian called.

"Hey Fred, Ivory is calling you downstairs. She is arranging the dinner." He then paused for a moment,"I will arrive there in a second, alright?"

"Great!" Fred replied with enthusiasm. Julian smiled. That man is always in a good mood isn't he?

Julian had suddenly remembered that he had left his phone in Sebastian's room. So he headed to the direction of the stairs leading to the third floor.

The place was quiet. It generally was, considering that it only had Sebastian's room and the Library. He pushed open the door to his friend's room.

The insides were as usual, except that the lights were now back. Julian took his phone and turned off the lights.

Just when he was going to leave, his eyes caught on a slightly open door that was connected to the room. Julian had always wondered what was in there. But he had no time to fret over a small room.

He went towards the spot and was about to close the doorway, when he smelled Cocoa and lilies.

Valerie.

She had been in that room, he knew she had. But then again, he was probably just imagining things.

He closed the door shut and walked out of the room.

☆♤◇♡◇♧☆

Valerie had never felt this weird.

She remembered the incident that took place just fifteen minutes ago all too well. And here she was now. Sitting face to face with her boyfriend Julian Peterson. She had started doubting her sanity at this point.