viii. sos

˖ 🎀  CHAPTER EIGHT 𐄹❝ i'm so showing this to their kids ❞

❝ i'm so showing this to their kids ❞

EVELYN WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF SIZZLING. She opened her bedroom door lazily to be greeted by the sight of Minho, who was busily cooking in the kitchen.

Minho noticed her presence and chuckled as soon as he saw her. "You are angelic in the morning."

Evelyn just stood there with furrowed eyebrows and slightly messy hair.

She saw a basket full of goodies, "Who's this from?" Evelyn pointed at it.

"My mother. Gifts are my love language." He shrugged.

"That tracks."

"Mm-hm."

Evelyn inspected the basket more, "Ooh, Pepero." She held her hand out to get the said snack, before she was hit by the spatula rather harshly.

"Hey!"

"She sent it from Los Angeles since she couldn't be here." Minho remarked, "We usually spend Chuseok together."

Evelyn pressed her lips into a thin line, "That sucks, so she'll be alone?"

Minho shook his head, "No. John Cho is having a thing." His phone vibrated in his pocket. "Oh. Lulu, about time."

Evelyn walked up to him, examining the kitchen counter, all sorts of vegetables and sauces scattered around.

She then looked at Minho, with a frown as she saw him wearing an apron on, a big cute bear designed in the middle.

"I would have never, ever see this day coming." Evelyn snorted as she looked at him, "Minho, in a cutesy bear apron."

He looked at Evelyn and rolled his eyes, covering the big bears face. "Don't speak to my bear like that."

Evelyn pulled her hair into a ponytail.

"I'm pretty sure that was a compliment." She looked at him in disbelief, receiving a scoff from Minho.

She examined the kitchen more, seeing her chicken ingredients piled by the side.

Evelyn washed her hands and grabbed her ingredients, standing beside Minho, she started placing some of the spices before speaking.

"You know, you're definitely the last person that I would expect to know how to cook." She said as she watched him cut up some onions. "And do all of this, just to help me."

He dropped the knife, watching her talk.

"There's actually someone, deep deep down there who actually cares." Evelyn commented, removing one of her gloves.

Minho scowled, "Don't try to get me on your side, I'm famously on team Dae. No matter how hard Dae wants to sway me."

"Okay." Evelyn whispered, "I just want him and Kit to get along."