Chapter 6

"Oh, there you are," Kim greets Porchay when he enters Kim's room at the compound. Kim has been busy the last few days, going over the floor plans and receipts of his father's house with Chan and then reporting back to Kinn. While Kinn had been busy with some messes in the company's legal department regarding the new reward system for their hotels, Porsche had taken to running with Porchay and working out with him in the gym, thus limiting the time Kim had to teach Porchay. They'd had a defence lesson, usually in the morning, but today Porchay was here for something else.

"You said two. It is two," Porchay shrugs, not hiding his curiosity as he looks around Kim's rooms, which he hasn't been to yet. In the living room, Kim sits at his desk in front of his laptop. To the right of him is the kitchen, and to the left is the bedroom, from which you can access the en-suite bathroom. For him, Kinn and Khun, it's the general layout of all their apartments in the complex.

"Tell me what you see," Kim requests.

"Huh?"

"I see you looking around my room. I want to know what you are seeing and what you're deducing from it. Think of it as an exercise."

"With you, everything is," Porchay grumbles, but begins to walk around the room. "It's clean, very tidy, so either you're obsessed with cleaning or you're hardly in here. No decorations except what some interior decorator must have put up, no posters, no family picture, not even a picture of you like the one in your apartment. You said it was your childhood room, but there's no sign of it, no stuffed animals, no toys. That guitar over there isn't one you usually play, so either it's new or it's just always been here. The only place that's messy is your desk, which means you've spent most of your time on it while you've been here."

"Not bad," Kim nods in agreement.

"What did I miss?" Porchay asks curiously, tugging at the shirt he is wearing. Kim doesn't need to get any closer to know it's Valentino. The design and the fact that it's silk give it away, and Kim thinks he has to thank Khun for the addition to Porchay's wardrobe. It may be the first time he's seen him in anything other than T-shirts, shorts and tracksuit bottoms. To be fair, they usually meet at the gym.

"Not much. Just this," Kim replies, picking up some papers spread out on the table to his right and showing Porchay the gun hidden underneath.

"Damn," Porchay curses, losing the game of "Where's the gun" once again. He's lost every time Kim has asked him to tell him what he sees.

"You'll learn." Kim puts the gun back under the pile of papers and stands up. "But today I'm going to teach you something else: how to spot bugs and cameras." Kim walks over so he's standing next to Porchay. It's then that he smells the faint scent of cologne, shampoo and something else. Something he remembers from when they used to hug or cuddle. Kim has never found out what it is, a lotion or just Chay, but it is a distraction.

"P'Kim?!" Porchay pulls him out of his embarrassing sniffing of the air like a bloodhound.

"Ah, yes," he stutters. He tries to shake himself out of it by moving away from Porchay. During training, he has to stay focused so he doesn't get hurt again. But as soon as the two of them are anywhere near each other without a task, Kim finds it harder and harder not to lose himself in the moment and just enjoy breathing the same air and sharing the same space with the one he likes so much it should be illegal. And it's only been a week...

"What do you know about bugs or cameras that can be hidden?" Kim brings his mind back to the task at hand.

"I've seen James Bond and a few spy movies, but that's about it. Unlike you, Khun Kim, I used to play with Lego, building blocks and stuffed animals." Porchay still has his moments when he gets snippy, but Kim is used to it by now and just ignores the tone of voice.