Epilogue

Epilogue

The music is loud as they step into the club. The air is stale, a mixture of alcohol, sweat, fragrances, and too many people. Kim wrinkles his nose but tries to appear otherwise unbothered as they push through the crowd, three men in front, three in the back, two to each side, not that the other guests notice. They are all dressed like the typical club-goers, except for Kim who stands out in his Wik outfit that conceals his guns perfectly.

Porchay is dressed up too, wearing black skinny jeans and a grey silk shirt that shows off his body, acting perfectly as Kim's groupie or boytoy, depending on how you look at it. They have made use of this disguise a few times over the past few months when they have been out on smaller missions, and Kim is particularly happy about it, because it means that Porchay is close to him, all over him, and will be making out with him at some point. It has been a long while since they had time to be together in this way, between Kim's new album, Porchay's school, their families and the school trip that took Porchay away from him for four days; he's only just got back and now they have to be out on this stupid mission instead of at home in bed making up for the lost time.

"I didn't think it would be this crowded," Porchay shouts into his ear over the noise of the music, and Kim wraps an arm around his waist to pull him closer.

"Some kind of star DJ," he shouts back, shrugging his shoulders. He's glad when they finally reach the bar. The bartender takes one look at them and hurries over.

"Two beers," Kim orders, turning around and leaning his back against the bar to survey the room.

"Gang tattoo on our right. I think he knows who you are," Porchay informs Kim as he leans over and plants a wet kiss on his neck. The soft touch shoots straight to Kim's crotch, not that he can do much about it here. He has other things to focus on than his libido, even if it's hard with Porchay all over him after a week's dry spell.

"There are only three active cameras, two others seem to be disabled, another one is angled the wrong way," Kim replies, focusing on the task at hand, but tilting his head back to give Porchay better access. It's definitely one of the advantages of having his boyfriend in the family business; not only do they work well together, but it's also a lot more pleasant. It's also easier to fly under the radar for a while when he comes in with his boyfriend, who still looks like the most innocent person ever; which he's not. Kim would know.

"Don't drink the beer," Porchay says suddenly, and Kim knows he must have spotted something suspicious. Then again, everything and everyone here is suspicious. The bar used to belong to Gun, and since his death it has passed to Porsche, the head of the minor family. The problem is that their intel suggests that their enemies from Korea have basically taken over the selling of their drugs and the personnel, while the minor family still fronts the money for the bills and salaries. It may have taken them this long to spot it after all the mess their father left them, but now that they are cleaning house, this is another item on the list. One that his mother discovered while helping them with the paperwork.

"Barkeeper?"

"The other one, not ours, the one in the red shirt. He switched the bottles we were supposed to get. Might be nothing, but still..." Porchay's explanation makes Kim smile, because it's simply impossible to destroy Porchay's inner conviction of the goodness of people. He's been helping out on smaller missions for a few months now, but he still hopes that the people they suspect of wrongdoing are innocent.

When the beer reaches them, Kim takes it from the bartender and raises the bottle as if to drink, slowly pushing Chay aside. Their guards approach to make sure Porchay is protected when Kim acts. Kim sees and knows that the man in the red shirt is watching him out of the corner of his eye. Subtly, before the bottle touches his lips, Kim sniffs it. A split second later, the full beer bottle hits the side of the bartender's head as Kim jumps over the bar and punches him in the face. While the original bartender looks shocked, two of their own men have the tattooed man in a choke hold, while another two chase a third bartender who tries to flee.