3. Job Interview

3 days later...

"Hi Mr. Hwang, this is the hospital calling, we just want to remind you that you have a check up today at 11 am."

"Okay, I'll be there."

"Alright, goodbye."

"Bye."

I hang up the phone and sit up from bed, stretching before I throw the warm, heavy blanket off of my body, letting all the cold air hit my milky thighs. I slowly stand up and walk into the bathroom and shower. Once I get out, I quickly get dressed and head out of the house and begin to walk to the hospital.

When I arrived, the nurse takes me to the familiar doctors office and I sit down in the cold leather chair. "Aah, hi Mr. Hwang!" the doctor greets me. "So we can get this done, is like you to take off your hoodie, shoes and empty the pockets of your pants so I can weigh you." I nod my head as I take off my hoodie, letting the cold air hit my dry skin, making shivers travel down my spine.

I then step on the scale and it reads '120.8 lbs'. The doctor didn't look impressed at all, he just scribbled something on his whiteboard. "Well, it seems as if you've lost 10 lbs since the last time I weighed you. Have you been on a diet or anything special?" I shake my head no as I through my clothes back on to my shivering body.

I sit back down in the chair, rubbing my hands together to warm me up a bit. "Have you been doing anything that could contribute to losing weight?" I look up at the doctor who was now sitting in front of me. "No, I eat 3 times a day." The doctor nods his head as he continues to write on his clipboard.

"Okay, so let me check your blood pressure and blood sugars." The doctor stands up and tells me to follow, which I go.

"You're all done now, have a good day! Make sure you eat healthy and don't drink any alcohol!" I walk out of the hospital and begin to walk home. As I pass the convenience store, I notice the raven haired sweeping the floor. I then decide to walk into the store.

"Hi! Welcome — Hyunjin!" Felix puts the broom down and approaches me with a smile on his face. "How've you been? Ive been so busy lately." I look down at the younger and say. "I'm okay. Just been, job hunting." I lied. I wasn't looking for a job, I just wanted Felix to think I was trying to do something with my life. "Oh, we are hiring here so if you want, I can talk to the boss and see if he'd let you work here." I shake my head. "You don't have to-" but I was cut off by him. "No. Let me help you. The boss will be coming in todays anyways. It's no big deal." Before I could say anything, a customer came in, so just nod my head.

"Well, I better get home, I have something's to do." I pick up my backpack, throwing it over my shoulder. "Alright. Thanks for keeping me company! Get home safely!" Felix waves.

As I begin walking home, Felix yells at me, then grabs my wrist. "I just wanted to say that I'll call you when I get an answer from the boss." I smile at him as I pet his head and mouth tThe words 'okay'. Felix then embraces me into a hug. Our very first hug. He has a tight grasp around my waist, making me tense up. I slowly become more at ease when hug him back. "Well, you better get going, bye! Text me when you get home!" I nod my head as he walks back to the store.

As soon as I get home, I open my phone and text Felix, telling him that I got home safely. Felix almost replied immediately saying in all caps.

🐣Felix🐣

OMG! I THINK I GOT YOU THE JOB!
HE SAID HE'D INTERVIEW YOU!!!

Really? When?

HE SAID HE'D INTERVIEW YOU ON WEDNESDAY, AT 12!

wow... now I have to prepare myself... lol...

You'll do great! Well, I have to get back to work but bye! See you!

Thanks Lix, bye.

Np!

Two days later...

Today when I woke up, I weirdly felt energized. Maybe it's because i get to see Felix. As soon as I stand up, I felt a heavy wave of dizziness wash over me, making me fall back down on the bed. As soon as the dizzy spell went away, the most hurtful headache began to pound in my head repetitively in the same spot.

I then walk into the kitchen and grab a Tylenol and head to the shower. As soon as I get out of the shower, I check the time and it says, 11: 23 am. I get dressed in my normal attire, grab my bag and head out the door to the interview that I didn't really want.

"Hey! You made it in time!" Felix jumps into my face as I enter the store. "Ya. Well is the boss here yet?" I get to the point, not wanting to waste anymore time. "Yep, I'll take you to him." Felix grabs my hand with his soft ones, then slightly pulls me into the nooses office. "Hey boss, Hyunjins here! Thank you again." Felix then exits the room, closing the door behind me.

"You can sit, these will be very simple questions, for your information." The boss laughs. He was right. He ask me easy questions like, have I done a crime, how many jobs have I had, what's my age, till he caught me off guard saying, "do you have any illnesses that could effect your work schedule?" I face becomes even more pale as I look at him, scared to asnswer. "What will happen if I have an illness?" I ask. "Well, nothing really, it's just good to know just in case you have to go to the hospital or something." My foot begins to tap on the hard wood floor as I think about telling him that I have cancer.

I take a deep breath in, then let it out as I make eye contact with the boss. "I, I have cancer in my lungs... but it's not contagious and it won't stop me from working hard." I practically whispered everything. "Okay, thank you for telling me." "Could you not tell Felix... I don't want to break his heart." The boss nods his head in agreement. "I understand. Well, I don't see why you couldn't work here, so I'll give you the job. You'll start on Monday with Felix so you can learn what to from him, got it?" I nod my head as I stand up, heading out of the bosses office.

Felix runs up to me with a huge smile. "Did you get the job?" I nod my head yes and he gasps, then hugs me tightly as if he doesn't want to let go. I gently tap his back, liking this feeling that I'm being filled up with.