𝟱𝟰. BOOM TOWN

"𝗠𝗔𝗡, 𝗜 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗖𝗔𝗡'𝗧 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗩𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗙𝗘 𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗨𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗖𝗔𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗦𝗘

"𝗠𝗔𝗡, 𝗜 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗖𝗔𝗡'𝗧 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗩𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗙𝗘 𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗨𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗖𝗔𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗦𝗘." Lip commented from the bonnet of the ice cream truck. The sun stuck out like a sore thumb, still blistering but not overly dwelling to the point where it had become unbearable. The truck's engine had given way again, with the issue this time being caused by a tripped wire then a simple problem with the wrong oil being put into the gas tank.

Spencer sat at the foot of the pavement trying to organise the plethora of bomb pomp's and other delicacies she had in her possession into the cooler. Although she would always get heavily distracted at the chime of her phone, thoughts and count check blanking on the spot. She'd managed to pick herself back up with self assurance that it wasn't 'Dougie' telling her he was going to fully retaliate now. That he had his match stick ready. It was dumb that she was even worried he'd actually torch her house. And it was even more dumber that she even had to deal with this in the first place.

Lip had offered to help her con him with money bate. And of course, she didn't fully detest his idea. If they conned him, he'd disappear. The issue was Spencer's sudden inappropriate spike of guilt. Guilt for not having normal problems, and embarrassed that she had even gotten to the point where hiding Andrei's drug debt problem wasn't feasible anymore. That the ugly rot of what was going on from the inside of her home was now starting to make its rounds to everyone they knew.