What a normie (4)

Summary: "I think I know who the killed is."

Someone gasps and someone else punches them, you don't look up to see who it is.

.・゜゜・・゜゜・..・゜゜・・゜゜・.

Annie twiddled with the handle of the cup of tea in her hands, her eyes red and puffy from the tears she spent.

You were sat next to her, awkward and silence, unsure of what to say. Does anyone know what to say in a situation like this?

The mood was bleak and quiet, even the ever so chatty Melody hasn't uttered a word in the past half an hour. Police were called not too long ago but they still haven't arrived.

You asked around– gathering the alibis from everyone.

Melody was asleep from 12:30 to 6:40 am, after waking up, she was getting ready to leave at 7:20 am to 7:30 am, and spent the rest of the day with Mandy.

Mandy was asleep from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am, she and Melody can testify for each other as they share a room.

Annie was asleep from 9:24 pm to 5:20 am, since then she was chatting with Norman before heading to the kitchen to help him at 7:30 am.

(You felt strange asking for her alibi, because she was your friend and Andrew's sister. But you guess when it comes to murder– anyone could be the culprit.)

Norman was asleep from 9:24 pm to 5:14 am, was in the kitchen with Annie since 7:30 to 8:20 am.

Dan was asleep from 9 pm to 4:30 am, he had woken up early to check on the students at the hotel and returned at 5:12 am.

You were asleep from 9:20 pm to 6:10 am, and checked up on Andrew at 8:20 am.

You checked Andrew's wounds– three stab wounds on hid chest, two on his sides, and scratches with small pieces of glass. You recall hearing a shattering sound at 10:34, possibly the culprit's fault– maybe breaking a vase while trying to kill Andrew, and though they managed to clean up most of the glass, there will still some in Andrew's wounds.

"Y/n.."

You look, seeing Annie looking at you with a tired face. "Who..do you think did it..?"

You think for a second, biting your fingers. Your shoulders slump as you sigh. "No idea, it could be someone with us, but it could've been an intruder as well." You answer.

Annie nods, scooting closer to you. "I hope it's not anyone we know.." She sighs.

Dan comes in, clearing his throat. "Students, may I speak to you for a second?"

You and the rest come to him closely, he looks around for a sec– as if making sure no outsiders are listening.

"I think I know who the killed is."

Someone gasps and someone else punches them, you don't look up to see who it is.

"Who- How- HUH?!" Annie looks like she's about to explode.

"Calm down, Annie. Let the professor speak." You sigh, grabbing her hand in yours.

"Yes, thank you y/n." Dan takes a deep breath. "Have you heard of the movie..Psycho?"

"Omfg yes! I love that movie." Melody says, about to rant abount it before Mandy interrupts.

"Did you just use an acronym in real- you know what, just shut the fuck up."

"Uh..Anyways, it's based off a real story." Dan explains, "Norman's story."

You tilt your head, you don't know the full story or characters of psycho so this is all very confusing.

"Norman..as in..Norman whose motel we are at right now?" Annie asks, and Dan nods his head. For a moment, Annie has half the mind to yell at him for not telling them they're at the motel of a killer.

"But Professor– didn't Norman get treated or something?" Mandy says. Dan shrugs his shoulders.

"It could be possible he fell back into his old ways.." He mutters. "Anyways, this is just a guess. Let's wait until the police get here."

Speaking of the police– is it normal for them to take so long after a murder was reported? It's like those shitty cops in movies.

You all go your separate ways, trying to entertain yourselves while waiting. You see Dan take his phone out his pockets, cursing the poor internet connection under his breath.

"Did he get hurt..?" You mutter, noting the bandaids on his hand. "Oh."

You go walking around the motel, searching for the..main suspect, I guess. "Damn where is Norman."

"Here."

"HFUFAJAHAIA DA

ALAQLAQla

"

"...."

You turn to see the man in question, "Oh hey Norman– Where were you?"

Norman shifts uncomfortably, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. "I was, um.. cleaning my room.."

You nod, and the both of you stand in awkward silence before he speaks up again–

"You guys..think I killed him, don't you?"

Oh fu-

"Whaat pfft no, why would we think that?" You laugh nervously, avoiding eye contact.

"You don't have to lie, I heard you guys talking." He sighs, shifting his gaze to the size as he rubs his arms. "I don't blame you guys, given my history.."

You feel a little bad for him, you don't even know if he's actually a serial killer or not– curse you for never reading the news, you thought.

You aren't sure why, but you have this hunch that..it isn't him, it can't be him. You can't put it into words, you just feel it.

"I think.." Norman coughs. "It might've been me.."

You nod silently, waiting for him to continue. Tears swell up in his eyes as he holds himself back.

"I don't know why, I can't remember if I did– I never do. But.."

He finally spills his tears despite how embarrassed he feels. Trying to stiffle his sobs and stop the water workss, he continues.

"I was..I was supposed to be okay this time..I wasn't..supposed to..kill anyone.."

"You didn't."

You catch yourself off guard with the words you let out, you wouldn't have realized it if it weren't for Norman blinking away his tears, looking at you with his head tilt in confusion.

"I mean, um-" You clear your throat, taking a moment to gather your thoughts.

"We aren't exactly sure who the killer is, it could even be me!" You joke, probably not a good thing to laugh about. "I promise we'll find who the real killer is, so don't you worry normie! I have already..suspected someone who is far more likely!"

Norman looks up at you with hope in his eyes, a strange feeling of warmth settled in his heart before he realized something.

"Did you just call me normie..?"

You blink, and suddenly it clicked.

"Oh that's why-"

A/n: Woo, finally posted a chapter! Finals ended a few days ago so hopefully I'll manage to post more. Kinda have writers block tho, my fault for trying to make an arc where crime solving is actually the making the main focus, something I'm too dumb for 😭 Anyways, have a good day!