Bonus 2

"Honey, do you think they'll be okay?"

Your father was in the middle of cracking a few eggs open when your mother had asked that, he glanced quickly towards her as the yolk dropped to the pan. "What do you mean?" He questioned before shifting his entire attention to her.

"It's just that.. they were attacked twice by different serial killers." She began, crossing on leg over the other as her eyes scanned through the morning newspaper, yet none of the words written on it seemed to register in her head as she was preoccupied with the thoughts about you. "They act everything is fine and all but.."

"Yeah, I know." Your father sighed, shaking his head. "But we can't force them to speak, we should be patient until they want to."

The sound of the pan sizzling was the only thing stopping from them sitting in awkward silence.

Your mother nodded hesitantly, lips opened as if she was about to say something before stopping herself.

"Y/n is a strong person, love." He continued, "But that doesn't mean we can't protect them, we just need to be there for them until they feel safe enough to talk again."

Her lips pursed at that, thinking back to when she first found you hiding in your room, shaking, crying, breathing as if all the oxygen in the world was gone.

If only she was as strong as she was back then, she would've pulled you into her arms and whisper reassuring words, convincing you that everything will be okay.

But she isn't, she's growing old and hasn't even looked at a gun for ages. The past her who could break jaws and stain the room in red as if it were as easy as breathing was no more.

The charcoal smell had distracted her from her thoughts, blinking as her head perked up.

"Honey, what's that smell?"

"The kitchen."

A/n: small little bonus, sorry I haven't been posting, finals start tomorrow so I thought I'd post a lil bonus + small mom lore before I have to drown myself in books again. Hope you all have a good day <3