5 - Remus Lupin

The brunette boy who had visited the hospital wing umpteen times before was now floating gently onto the sheets by Y/n in her hooded cloak. 

"Dear," a sweet voice called from behind the closed curtain, "you being dressed like that is awfully suspicious. What if someone were to see you?" The woman was dressed in a maroon dress with a clean white apron attached at the waist. Her curly hair was neatly plaited and tied back into a bun.

"Magic, mother, magic." she stated tucking the boy within the covers and pouring a glass of fresh water for him when he wakes. "The easy way out of more or less everything." 

"Thank goodness you found him, I have no doubt that I will soon have his friends bursting in through the door wondering where he is-" 

"But Ma, how would they know he was out in the night. Surely he hasn't told anyone, poor boy. Lycanthropes at St Mungo's feel the secret is the same as if a huge heavy weight was constantly pressing upon their shoulders. They think of it as a massive burden, Ma - I'm sure he feels similarly." she interrupted, taking a seat. "May I ask what his name is? Perhaps I could make something for him and send it to him by owl." 

"Remus, Remus Lupin - a very pleasant young man, kind as anything, wouldn't hurt a fly." 

Sunlight was creeping in through the window panes, creating lines on the floor. There were multiple other patients in the hospital but all seemed to be out cold either fast asleep or knocked out for medicinal reasons. Overall, the vast room was silent and their voices echoed off the high ceiling. 

"How did you- in your letter you said you stunned him, how exactly?" 

Being a teenager, Y/n couldn't help but think of a reply that would annoy her mother, "I raised my wand and said the word 'stupefy'. And guess what, it worked - like magic." 

"Ha ha, very funny." Madam Pomfrey rolled her eyes with her hands on her hips. 

"He should come around shortly or it might be easier to awaken him - seeing as his friends will be in sooner or later." Her hood remained up so Y/n was thinking it wouldn't matter if he saw her black cloak. Additionally, she felt that it might be nice to talk to him. 

"I don't see why not." she nodded as Y/n outstretched her arm, "You've already healed him up perfectly, I don't see why there's a need for him to stay longer. Though he's in here far too often for this exact reason, he can't enjoy it." 

"Rennervate." a flash of red light was produced from her wand and instantaneously, Remus' eye lids began to flicker until wide open and settling on the water on the bedside table. 

As if muscle memory was in control, he reached for the glass and drained it before realising an unusual second figure was crowding around his bed, sat on a nearby visitors' chair. 

"Good morning Madam Pomfrey," he glanced left and right sadly, "Aren't the boys here?" 

"Sorry to displease you, Remus, but I have not seen the boys since seeing them come charging in at yesterday's dinner." she refilled his glass for him. 

"If not them, then who bought me here?" a wave of fear of exposure washed over his features; his shoulders tensed, he sat bolt up right, his eyes widened dramatically, and his skin paled significantly. 

Indicating to her daughter, "This one. Took you out of the shack and healed you up fantastically." Remus only now looked down to his arms and felt the skin on his face to notice there was not a fresh scar or cut in sight. However, Remus wasn't the slightest bit comforted by this. Someone unknown knew his secret and that thought made his heart raise to an alarming pace.