Ch 6

The next morning I slowly wake up blinking tiredly and in confusion as to what woke me up. It's then that I hear a phone ringing I carefully sitting up a little noticing it's my phone ringing I carefully grabbing it off the nightstand and frown when I see it's my mom. Taking a breath I immediately answer it reluctantly and carefully maneuver myself out of Wow's arms heading to the living room area. "Hello?" I immediately hear my moms disapproving voice. "Did you forget that you're supposed to join me for lunch?" My eyes widen realizing that it has been two days already. "Oh I'm sorry eomma. I'll be there as soon as possible I just have to take care of something first." She makes another disapproving sound before telling me to hurry I quickly hanging up. I then rush to my bedroom where I see Wow sitting up in bed giving me a confused tired look. "What's going on jagi?" I blush a little but clear my throat. "I'm late for lunch with my mom and she's not very happy. So you should probably go...." A look of disappointment crosses his face and I immediately feel bad. "I'm sorry love but I know if I take you to meet her now it won't turn out well with me just springing this on her. And she's already aggravated with me as it is." He gives a little nod still pouting a little and I move closer towards him taking his hands in mine and say cheerfully. "How about tonight we have a date night? Just the two of us. We'll stay in and watch movies and I'll cook us dinner." He perks up at that and gives me a little smile. "Alright." I grin at him happily. "Good now come on I have to get ready and you should probably get back to the dorm." He nods and I pull away heading to the closet and start digging through it. I first grab some clothes for Wow and hand them over to him. "Here you can borrow some of my brothers clothes." He nods thanking me then goes to get dressed while I dig out a grey dress shirt and black jeans. Once Wow exits the bathroom I bypass him kissing his cheek then walk into the bathroom closing the door and quickly pull on my clothes then brush and fix my hair, and brush my teeth. I also spray a little bit of scent blocker on me to cover Wow's scent and quickly cover up the large hickey on my neck with makeup before I exit the bathroom and grab some dress shoes quickly pulling them on. Once I'm finished I straighten up and Wow starts moving closer to me but I gently stop him. "I'll wash your clothes and give them back to you tonight. And I'll text you what time to come over." He frowns slightly when I stop him from getting any closer but gives a little nod. "Alright. Well I guess I'll get going." I nod grabbing my phone and wallet before leading him out of the apartment. We walk out together I wishing him a quick goodbye before I start running off to the restaurant my mom made reservations at. I make it there within ten minutes and quickly tell the seater my moms name he leading me to a fancy table in the back. I walk over to it my mom looking up at me with a very disapproving expression. "You're very late." I immediately bow my head in apology at the alpha woman. "I'm sorry eomma I had something come up and the date slipped my mind." She huffs before motioning for me to sit down I immediately doing so. "So are you still pursuing your ridiculous dream of being a dancer?" I frown slightly but nod. "Yes. I have a current job as a choreographer actually." She turns her nose up at that scoffing. "You should be pursing a more appropriate career. Like your brother for instance he's a doctor." I keep myself from rolling my eyes. "I like my job though. I like being creative." She shakes her head. "I think it's about time you settled down. Speaking of which your father and I have found you a very nice alpha. He runs a very successful business and is very popular among the community." I immediately frown at that. "Actually eomma I need to tell you something. I found my mate." She raises an eyebrow at me. "Really? Who is it?" I shift a little nervously before answering. "He's a very nice alpha who works in the entertainment industry. His name is Kim Sehyoon and he's really sweet." She immediately scoffs giving me a disbelieving look. "You are not going to be mated to some kind of inferior alpha who is only successful for parading around like some clown for attention." I immediately give her a slight look. "You don't even know him. And he's my mate. The one I'm meant to be with." She gives me a disgusted disapproving look. "You are not going to be mated to some performer I won't allow it. You're going to meet up with the alpha your father and I chose and you will be polite and respectful." I go to protest when she growls at me. "And if you don't then you will be cut off and not only will you lose your apartment but your father and I will not provide you with anymore money." I frown slightly weighing my options then reluctantly decide to comply until I can save up enough money to not be homeless and be able to live comfortably. I lower my head mumbling a reluctant "yes eomma." She nods in approval. "Good. Your first date is tomorrow night at the fancy hotel that just opened. You will meet Zane in the lobby and enjoy a night in the hotels exquisite restaurant." I give a little nod biting my tongue and keep my mouth shut in a firm line. My mom and dad are both alphas and their marriage was arranged. They had me and my older brother and raised us to be perfect and obedient. As well as making sure to keep the perfect family appearance. After ordering our food I silently eat and keep quiet until it's time to leave I immediately getting up and wish my mom a goodbye before heading back to my apartment I giving Wow a text saying to come over by six and put my phone aside I falling back onto my bed and stare up at the ceiling wondering how on earth I'm going to explain this situation to my mate.